Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

250px-Etvideogamecover.jpg

I wouldn't say the Atari logo is associated with failure - that company was very successful for a long time, and even if its not anymore I don't think it can be considered a failure by any definition of the word. Sega, i somewhat agree that the Saturn and Dreamcast were failures but not Sega itself.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say the Atari logo is associated with failure - that company was very successful for a long time, and even if its not anymore I don't think it can be considered a failure by any definition of the word. Sega, i somewhat agree that the Saturn and Dreamcast were failures but not Sega itself.

He's referring to the specific game, "E.T."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(video_game)#Atari_video_game_burial

• 3 weeks later...

5435021133_dff4484116_z.jpg

This chain opened its first store in my area in November a couple of years ago... and filed for bankruptcy three months later. They were completely shut down and liquidated by that April.

The modern version of the Dolphins logo:

Miami-Dolphins-Logo.gif

Welcome to Circuit City, Where Service is State of the Art!

circuit_city_logo-524x344.jpg

I still think of the 1996 team, but I'll bet most people associate this with losing:

Florida-Panthers-Logo.gif

800.gif

Screenshot2011-11-08at14208AM.png

compusa_logo.gif

tumblr_lmiyafbwan1qhkt6xo1_500.jpg

Pan_Am_Logo.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Southern Bell demise was gradual. The beginning of the end began as "Southern Bell...a Bellsouth company" on their literature and products. Then the inevitable dropping of SB altogether and the complete switch to BellSouth for several years. Until they were eventually merged into AT&T.

8578357733_75538c40f2_c.jpg

8579497038_5255692dbd_o.jpg

8578357719_151e808e21_o.jpg

• Like 1

The Southern Bell demise was gradual. The beginning of the end began as "Southern Bell...a Bellsouth company" on their literature and products. Then the inevitable dropping of SB altogether and the complete switch to BellSouth for several years. Until they were eventually merged into AT&T.

8578357733_75538c40f2_c.jpg

8579497038_5255692dbd_o.jpg

8578357719_151e808e21_o.jpg

I miss Southernbell I remember all the payphones and different stuff saying " Southern Bell a BELLsouth company " then finally it like they phased out the Southern Bell name overnight.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Some of these teams have championship rings, but not in the era with these logos:

Cleveland Browns (They have championships, but no Superbowl appearances - Oh and were my favorite team until 1995 so I can trash them a little bit)

ClevelandBrownsLogo.jpg

New England Patriots (Worst loss ever in a Superbowl)

New_England_Patriots_Old1__56862.1353686863.1280.1280.jpg

St. Louis Cardinals (football)

st-louis-cardinals-primary-logo-9-primary.jpg

spacer.png

As I visit this thread again, I still think a lot of people here are missing the point. Or maybe I am.

I wouldn't consider a logo "associated with failure" if it existed for 10+ years, even if the business it's associated with went out of business.

Examples show... Bradlees. That logo was almost 30 years old when the company shut down. It's not like the logo was brought in just before the liquidation.

Same thing for a few other companies,

Now, the circular Circuit City logo? Yes...barely lasted a year or two before the closures.

Purity (the heart/berry logo)? Yup. I worked for that supermarket chain, and that logo and branding barely lasted 4 years before we were bought out by Stop & Shop.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

800px-Wcw_logo.svg.png

That stung bro e222714-6_zpsd36afab5.gif

Though I think WCW's failure is more associated with the version in the thread's first post. This one, to me anyway, is associated more with the company's rise then fall.

I would say this is more the failure, WWE's WCW logo than WCW's logo. WCW would have not gone under if someone else bought it.

WCW_Logo.png

• Like 1

Yeah, I tend to think most of you are misunderstanding the spirit of this thread. In the context of this thread, the New England Patriots' logo doesn't work. Nor does their throwback logo.

But their '19-0' logo? You bet your ass.

Sigs are for sissies.