Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

800px-Wcw_logo.svg.png

That stung bro e222714-6_zpsd36afab5.gif

Though I think WCW's failure is more associated with the version in the thread's first post. This one, to me anyway, is associated more with the company's rise then fall.

I know, I know, I was a WCW guy during the Monday Night Wars.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I don't know if all of these choices work. Blockbuster, sure, right now they're pretty much done, but they had a good, relevant run. WCW was number 1 for a couple years with that logo. I think of "failure" more as something that never had any success.

Eh, I don't know if all of these choices work. Blockbuster, sure, right now they're pretty much done, but they had a good, relevant run. WCW was number 1 for a couple years with that logo. I think of "failure" more as something that never had any success.

Maybe when Blockbuster comes out with a lower case Arial logo in a month to show how cool they are and then declares bankruptcy next year...

The name of the game isn't to post a logo of a company that failed. I'll try spell it out for y'all. Company A has a classic logo, great business success for years, decades, etc. Company starts to flounder, or just decides to move in a different direction. They re-brand, try to make things look fresh or heading in a new direction. Company tanks and is no more. The last logo they had would be associated with failure, because this is when they failed. Classic logo still reminds people that the company was once good or successful.

The blockbuster logo above does not work here, because they were a very successful company for a long time with that logo. They are still around, kinda. If they change logos now, and this new venture doesn't work, then THAT logo can be posted.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

200px-Toronto_Maple_Leafs_logo.svg.png

Thread can be closed now.

I don't see how this belongs in this thread, let alone with a "end thread" tag. In the 31 seasons that logo's been around, the Leafs have made the playoffs 16 times (I'm counting this year) and have made the conference finals three times. It's not even like the Coyotes logo, where you can make a case based on a financial standpoint. Sure, the logo isn't really associated with success, but considering the Leafs have been a good team for most of its duration, I hardly see how it's associated with failure.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The name of the game isn't to post a logo of a company that failed. I'll try spell it out for y'all. Company A has a classic logo, great business success for years, decades, etc. Company starts to flounder, or just decides to move in a different direction. They re-brand, try to make things look fresh or heading in a new direction. Company tanks and is no more. The last logo they had would be associated with failure, because this is when they failed. Classic logo still reminds people that the company was once good or successful.

The blockbuster logo above does not work here, because they were a very successful company for a long time with that logo. They are still around, kinda. If they change logos now, and this new venture doesn't work, then THAT logo can be posted.

Or, IMHO, a company that was successful, but screwed up so royally at the end that it taints their entire history would belong here even if they didn't change logos. I'm thinking of something like Enron here.

d9w2gufhalde8s8pindwwe81g.gif

tumblr_mfrm1oSRg81rjpxgso1_500.gif

Obviously the MLS isn't what the Premier League is to England or what La Liga is to Spain, so I think it's safe to say that the MLS has failed by virtue of the fact that it hasn't brought widespread interest of soccer to the general American populace.

25yzwqg.png