Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d9w2gufhalde8s8pindwwe81g.gif

tumblr_mfrm1oSRg81rjpxgso1_500.gif

Obviously the MLS isn't what the Premier League is to England or what La Liga is to Spain, so I think it's safe to say that the MLS has failed by virtue of the fact that it hasn't brought widespread interest of soccer to the general American populace.

Did you really think that soccer would be a mainstay sport in America in less than 20 years? You do realize all the sports MLS has to compete with for attention, especially the NFL. The fact is that Major League Soccer's growth has been sustainable and under their terms. They know how to grow and cater their sport, unlike other failed soccer leagues, which were grown too quickly and without plausible expansion plans.

The real test of MLS's loyalty will be how the kids of the league's original fanbase carry the sport. When the league began, it was catered as a cool, hip sport to follow and prosper. It was catered to Gen X and their styles in the 1990s. Even some of the adaptations of Americanizing soccer were to lure these fans (backwards clock, NHL-style penalty shootouts), albeit those were phased out overtime to more traditional customs. Now these people have their own kids, Gen Z (roughly those who are high school seniors and younger), and it'll be interesting to see if their parents have nurtured their children enough about MLS to become fans.

• Like 1

Well it seems like jcpenney has changed their logo.....yet again. They've release an ad saying that they are sorry for the changed they tried recently, and to please come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5JEOPJGKc

So yea you can say in the past 2 and a half years they've had 4 logos.

This was their logo

jcpenney_logo.gif

Then they went crazy changing it.

jcplogos.png

Holy bleep! You know it's bad when your company has to release a commercial like that!

• 2 weeks later...

The MLS is not a failure. It's made some head-scratching decisions both early on and of late, but it's now a mainstay, stable league and it's gained headway against the entrenched Big 4.

The AFL poster reminded me of the Iowa Barnstormers. God, I love that name.

Well it seems like jcpenney has changed their logo.....yet again. They've release an ad saying that they are sorry for the changed they tried recently, and to please come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5JEOPJGKc

So yea you can say in the past 2 and a half years they've had 4 logos.

This was their logo

jcpenney_logo.gif

Then they went crazy changing it.

jcplogos.png

Once again, they change their logo! Congratulations!

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

JCP is a mess of a company. They were dying as their mainstay customer went to Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, etc., and so they hired an Apple guy to rebrand. Apple and JC Penney could not be more different, either in customer base or industry. (The guy actually did away with sales and mark-downs because he thought customers would buy more with upfront pricing). Christmas 2012 was a disaster for them, and they're spinning into Borders territory pretty quickly.

The "come back and see us" is the smartest approach they've taken: try to get back your reliable customer base. The hip consumer is never coming to JC Penney. That's not how clothing retail works.

• 3 years later...
On 1/26/2013 at 2:56 PM, CRichardson said:

chicago_cubs_logo-12547.png

I think this may need to be updated....

edit:  Now the longest title drought in sports is....

kwth8f1cfa2sch5xhjjfaof90.png

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter