Complete NFL Uniform Redo - (29/1 - Titans,Texans,Colts Updated, Jags Added)

robo3687

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for all the comments guys (positive and negative), I've changed/fixed a few things with the first 3.

Colts

- I took the colours back to where I had them originally, just blue and white, I also brightened the blue slightly.

- changed the pant stripe and made it tie into the shoulder pattern.

- solid white helmet stripe

- changed to a less chunky font..

- moved the TV numbers into the white and put the horseshoes in their place

afcscoltsv2.png

Titans

- Changed it to a 10 for Locker

afcstitans.png

Texans

-Changed to the normal Texans numbers and fixed the colours on the sleeves.

afcstexans.png

I might try and do the Jags next just to round out the AFC South...

Colts-awful. I really like their uniforms as they are. I think they're simple and classic

Titans-I really liked them. One of the better concepts that I've seen on here

Texans-Loved the pants, hated the jersey

Jacksonville Jaguars

It'll be interesting to see the response to this one. I won't ever come close to GotPixels' LA Jags, but I hope it's at least kind of liked...lol...

- incorporated the darker helmet colour into the uniform

- in the darker parts there is the Jaguar fur pattern, and the idea is that it's like the colour changing feathers on the Ducks uni's

- the side of the jersey in theory would match up with the pantstripe

- colour changing fur pattern is also on the helmet

- logo on the helmet has the black taken out to show the helmet through..

afcsjags.png

You guys do know these are just concepts, right? The Colts already have the best look in the NFL and can't be improved, I know that, but that's no reason to discourage others from trying.

That said, I'd like to see how it would look without the silver, and maybe a slimmer number font.

They can be improved with a blue facemask.

IMO for the Colts:

White face mask > blue face mask > grey face mask

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

As a Jags fan I really do like the Jersey. I think it would be better if the Gold section was smaller. I really am not a fan of the pant design. Strange stripe with zero Teal in it. Great start though. Real nice work in this thread.

Guest darkpiranha

Love every one of these so far. For the Texans, since you're already doing the red/blue sleeves, have you thought of incorporating the idea of the helmet using just the full red horn on one side and blue on the other? Someone here has done that and it looks pretty cool. I'm sure you've seen it. Horns coming from front edges of the helmet like the flames on your Titans helmet as opposed to logo in center of side of helmet.

Colts-awful. I really like their uniforms as they are. I think they're simple and classic

Titans-I really liked them. One of the better concepts that I've seen on here

Texans-Loved the pants, hated the jersey

Dont forget these are supposed to be "futuristic".

That being said....

Colts update is F'ing dope dude!!!! The Texans font looks some much better, good job.

As for the Jags, I almost think there is too much gold on the jersey. Maybe try to thin the shoulder/sleeve gold stripes down some. Also it looks a bit off that other than the jersey color itself there is no other teal anywhere (except a little in the logo). I would try to make the TV numbers teal with a teal then white outline, and maybe try changing the thin white piping in between the black and gold teal? I really like the black numbers, the are very unique on a home jersey, but the could maybe use a white outline as well, just to make them stand out a bit more. I also really enjoy the subtle jag print through out. You did a good job of not making it look like a womans nighty or something haha (which is always what I associate cheetah or jaguar print with lol)

I have to run so don't have time to give a full critique, but did want to say that this reminds me of MLB's "Turn Ahead the Clock" uniforms in 1999. The idea had a lot of detractors, even though at least a few of the concepts were interesting. You are going to get detractors from what you're doing here just because you're doing it, period. Don't let that discourage you.

rATMcmK.png

Archived