Complete NFL Uniform Redo - (29/1 - Titans,Texans,Colts Updated, Jags Added)

robo3687

I've wanted to do a full NFL uniform redo for a while now, so I figured why not now. Plan is to get them all done in time for the draft. I won't be doing away sets, as my idea is that the NFL could have the last 2 weeks of the year be divisional rounds, and have one be "Past" and one be "Future", and both rounds would be colour vs colour.

I'll just be doing the "future" ones at this stage (historical ones I'll do later on), with the idea that Nike (well....me..) are given free reign to do what they want with the uniforms. So bear in mind that some of these could get a little crazy...but they won't all be nuts...

I'll post full pics as I do them and link them below for future finding.

AFC

NORTH

Bengals -

Browns -

Ravens -

Steelers-

SOUTH

Colts - Future

Jaguars - Future

Texans - Future

Titans - Future

EAST

Bills -

Dolphins -

Jets -

Patriots -

WEST

Broncos -

Chargers -

Chiefs -

Raiders -

NFC

NORTH

Bears -

Lions -

Packers -

Vikings -

SOUTH

Buccaneers -

Falcons -

Panthers -

Saints -

EAST

Cowboys -

Eagles -

Giants -

Redskins -

WEST

Cardinals -

Niners -

Rams -

Seahawks -

I was in a bit of an AFC South mood to start this off so here we have the Titans, Texans and Colts. I'm not really going to do these in any particular order, just as the inspiration comes.

Titans

I wanted to incorporate the Titans alternate sword logo into the uniform and also to do the flame helmet.

afcstitans.png

Texans

I incorporated the horns from the logo into the shoulders, put a sublimated star under the number on the front, and incoporated the Texas flag into the pant stripe.

afcstexans.png

Colts

This ones a bit of a departure, I originally mocked up this design before last season, back then it was just blue and white though. The silver (yes, silver...not grey) kind of worked its way in after I reworked the horshoe logo and included silver.

afcscolts.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Texans look. However, I'd keep their current numbers and make one sleeve red and one sleeve blue. Right now you'd have each sleeve split at the middle.

oh...oops...lol...the intention was for it to be one red sleeve, one blue sleeve...just got my sides mixed up obviously...

Colts - Weakest of the set so far. I see where you are going with them, but it really doesn't work.

Texans - This one is kinda just there. Nothing great, nothing horrible, just there. Do like the Texas Flag pants stripe.

Titans - Clearly the strongest so far. I like the incorporation of red into the set. The biggest thing I like and I haven't seen anyone do this, which is utilize the 'toilet bowl' collar and make it look good. Every team right now that has it look like crap. Your incorporation of the sword as a sleeve stripe/yolk hybrid combined with the collar makes the 'toilet bowl collar' look great. the only thing i'm not sold on is the helmet and pant flames. Seems like something that work better with the Rhein Fire. But I suppose it could work for the Titans.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I think the shoulders and number font of the Colts' concept could be improved, but apart from that, I think your Colts' and Titans' concepts are great. The Colts is the first Indianapolis concept that has some really inspiration. Keep going on that.

Also, I like the Titans, but that number font is too large. I'd try looking at a mockup with a double digit to see how that would fit.

Nice work.

Titans - The blue could be a UCLA blue (#0073CF). Also, the helmet reminds me a little of other teams with that style (ex. the Eagles, the Rams, Oregon since 2012 Rose Bowl). The numbers also seem a little too big, so try a mock-up with a player that has a two-digit number [i.e. Jake Locker, who is actually number 10]).

Texans - Both sleeves should be the same color (red or blue); grey/silver pants? Otherwise, I love this one.

Colts -

Colts I don't really care for, but the Colts are one of those teams that I believe are pretty much impossible to improve.

I tend to agree with Jezus_Ghoti on this one. The Colts have uniforms that are just to traditional to change, let alone improve.

2zdohky.jpg

Titans - The blue could be a UCLA blue (#0073CF). Also, the helmet reminds me a little of other teams with that style (ex. the Eagles, the Rams, Oregon since 2012 Rose Bowl). The numbers also seem a little too big, so try a mock-up with a player that has a two-digit number [i.e. Jake Locker, who is actually number 10]).

oops another mistake...i was obviously thinking Hasselbeck when I did it....I'll switch to a 10 and make them a bit smaller...

--------------------------------------

I'll take another look at the colts one, will probably change the number font (it is a bit chunky as a few said) and a few other small things...

You guys do know these are just concepts, right? The Colts already have the best look in the NFL and can't be improved, I know that, but that's no reason to discourage others from trying.

That said, I'd like to see how it would look without the silver, and maybe a slimmer number font.

You guys do know these are just concepts, right? The Colts already have the best look in the NFL and can't be improved, I know that, but that's no reason to discourage others from trying.

That said, I'd like to see how it would look without the silver, and maybe a slimmer number font.

They can be improved with a blue facemask.

spacer.png

I love how you are going outside the box on these.

"This stinks, that's a fail, this is bad" How about give the guy some constructive criticism nuordr.

I'm in love with that Texans concept. The Titans concept is interesting but what I like the most about it is the helmet. While I'm not a huge fan of the Colts concept, I think the helmet is cool. The pattern you have on the shoulders don't do it for me. I wouldn't want to see silver in a Colts concept when you have Dallas coming up. Great job! I'll be watching this one.

My two cents....

Titans - Not too bad. I like the flame helmet, dont know how I feel about the addition of red, kinda makes them look a little to "Oilerish", maybe try just the two blues and white since they really own that look. I also really like the swords on the shoulders, its a nice touch. All in all they look pretty good but it feels a bit AFL to me.

Texans - Love the pants!!! Why they dont have these already is a mystery to me. I dont really like the star or the number font, and I think there is too much white on the jersey. Since the Texans seem to beg for a-symmetry, I think you should try just the left sleeve red and the right leave it blue and plain.

Colts - I actually think the Colts might be the best (so far) with a little work. First did you darken the blue? If you did you should change it back. The silver is a nice touch. I think they need a silver facemask (never thought I would say that lol). I like the helmet and the pants a lot so I wouldnt change a thing there. The problem with the stripping on the jersey is empty space. I would put the numbers in the white on the shoulders and put the horseshoe on the sleeve, since then you would get the logo from almost ever angle haha.

Great job so far man, cant wait to see my Lions!!!

The numbering on that Titans jersey is awesome, and I dig the Flame helmet. I hate their T-circle-with-the-flame.

One constructive comment: on the back of the helmet, I would add the 3-star circle from the Tennessee flag. The Titans were huge about adding Tennessee identity when they rebranded, but right now the jersey has nothing "Tennessee" about it. Stars wouldn't really fit anywhere else, but I think adding the flag logo on the back of the helmet would be a nice touch.

I love the Texans pants with the flag stripe.

With the Colts, the Jersey/Pant set looks like a Dallas alt jersey from the late 90s. Agree that the color looks too dark, even for futuristic. I'm not a fan of the helmet, either, to be honest. I think with the Colts, the best rebrand effort might start with swapping the horseshoe for something else - like a stallion head or running horse. I think they have an old logo of a personified horse playing football; maybe play with that?

Can't wait to see the rest, esp. the Bears.

Edit- skimmed 1st post, didn't catch this round was supposed to be futuristic at first.

I must be in the minority, but I am not a fan of the Titans uniforms. The flames are fine on the helmet and pants, but I feel like the shoulders are just way too complicated. I understand what you were going for, and you pulled it off as best as you could. I just find it to be a bit of a sensory overload. Also, the shoulder logos come across to me as warped, especially towards the hilt of the sword. Maybe move the sword towards the front more? I'm actually not entirely sure how that could be fixed without ruining the shoulder numbers.

I like everything about the Texans except for the number font, too big and round for my tastes, though I could definitely see Nike using a similar font.

The Colts? I see it... It's got a really cool Seahawks thing going, and the number font, shoulder stripes, and helmet are all things that I could see Nike actually doing. I also love the way the helmet stripe kinda dips into the logo, looks good. The only thing I would change is the pants stripe, I like it, it just doesn't really match the rest of the uniform... Maybe make it look more like the helmet stripe? Other than that, I'd say the Indy concept is the best in regards to realism (probably my favorite too)

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived