Bizarre/Unusual Numbers on Jerseys

kloo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching the Spengler Cup. Drew McIntyre, the goalie, not the ex-WWE wrestler, was wearing 22 for Canada. This picture is from last years tournament, but he is wearing the same number this year. Canada has always used the old school logo for the tournament.

drew-macintyre.jpg

A little off topic, but what would you guys consider a typical outfielder number between 1 and 24 (for when baseball season comes around and I need a number)

I've always thought 1-9 were kind of weird to see in the outfield. I'd go with somewhere between 19-24.
As a 40 year old Red Sox fan, I think 8, 9 and 14 are perfectly acceptable for the outfield.

A little off topic, but what would you guys consider a typical outfielder number between 1 and 24 (for when baseball season comes around and I need a number)

I never thought their numbers were any different than other non-pitchers. You have single digit guys like Ben Revere and Lorenzo Cain, teen digit guys like Jose Bautista and Adam Jones, 20s guys like Giancarlo Stanton and Mike Trout, 30s guys like Bryce Harper and Jay Bruce. They seem like a pretty well rounded group

00 really isn't all that uncommon of a number in baseball or basketball. In fact it's practically ubiquitous at the high school and college levels of basketball due to schools being discouraged (or even forbidden, the the case of the NCAA) from issuing any jerseys that feature an individual number higher than 5 (i.e. 10 or 53 is allowed, but not 17 or 46).

0 or 00 in baseball wasn't common until about 2 or 3 seasons ago, when Adam Ottavino switched his number

That particular rule about

00 really isn't all that uncommon of a number in baseball or basketball. In fact it's practically ubiquitous at the high school and college levels of basketball due to schools being discouraged (or even forbidden, the the case of the NCAA) from issuing any jerseys that feature an individual number higher than 5 (i.e. 10 or 53 is allowed, but not 17 or 46).

0 or 00 in baseball wasn't common until about 2 or 3 seasons ago, when Adam Ottavino switched his number

@illwauk: That rule regarding individual numbers higher than 5 being banned that you mentioned sounds like the most arbitrary and silliest rules out there.

UBwef0L.png

Archived