Bizarre/Unusual Numbers on Jerseys

kloo

38 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

Delon Wright of the Toronto Raptors wears #55... not a bizarre number in and of itself for an NBA player, but a seemingly bizarre number for a guard.  There aren't all that many NBA players who wear numbers in the 50s (relatively speaking) but of the ones I can think almost all are huge guys who play power forward or center, not guards.

delon-wright-nba-toronto-raptors-denver-nuggets.jpg

E-Twaun Moore begs to differ.

etw 1.jpg

etw 2.jpg

etw 3.jpg

ExJworW.png

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Image result for toon squad jerseys

Image result for toon squad jerseys 

A-Are these from Space Jam?

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

On 3/1/2017 at 8:54 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

E-Twaun Moore begs to differ.

etw 1.jpg

etw 2.jpg

etw 3.jpg

Good for E-Twaun.  So does Jason Williams (and I'm sure other guards in the history of the NBA, you don't have to go searching for more), but that doesn't mean it's not a bizarre number for a guard to wear. Bizarre does not mean "only worn by one player, ever."  Bizarre here just means something that's very rarely worn, rare enough that it stands out.  It stands out for a guard to wear a number like 55.  It's not conventional.  It's bizarre.

Speaking of Jason Williams, I just now realized that both Jason Williams and Jayson Williams (who played in the league at the same time) both wore #55.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 4:56 AM, SCalderwood said:

Speaking of Jason Williams, I just now realized that both Jason Williams and Jayson Williams (who played in the league at the same time) both wore #55.  

I remember noticing that while they were both active and wondering if that could be a coincidence, or if the white Williams intentionally chose that number because it belonged to someone who (more or less) shared his name. Bet he wished he had chosen another number when the big fella was convicted of killing a man.

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2016 at 1:46 AM, M4One said:

but I don't think any baseball player should wear numbers in the 70s, 80s, or 90s until they actually run out of numbers.

Well, I'll have to disagree with you there. I think that's silly, players should wear any number they want. I actually really like the #99 myself and would wear it if I was a pro baseball player in an alternate life. Other numbers that are okay with me are #91, #81, and #79.

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

He wore 90 on most of the teams he played for:

xe6jEXY.jpg

KgrfLyY.jpg

sTUgUOh.jpg

eGMJ2N1.jpg

P7HMNjQ.jpg

When he was on the Grizzlies, Magic, Clippers and Bucks, he wore 0, the number he wore in college.

ep95iyj.jpg

8BHk7dX.jpg

judbyUD.jpg

6ahZkKa.jpg

CsKOcPZ.jpg

At some point, he also wore 9 with the Magic.

cMEjMa1.jpg

What the hell?? All these teams, all these uniforms. I can't wait for his garage sale. 

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

While watching an Arena Football game last week, I saw Washington quarterback Erik Meyer throw a great block. So I started looking on YouTube for other instances of quarterbacks making tackles.  I eventually found videos of kickers throwing blocks.  And this led me to a guy named Joey Julius of Penn State, a huge mountain of a man who kicks while wearing no. 99.

Image result for joey julius

Some of his tackles are great.

This unusually-numbered kicker reminded me of a guy who used to play in the Arena league for the Portland Forest Dragons / Oklahoma Wranglers franchise, Daron Alcorn.  I don't remember him hitting like this guy Julius; but he was almost as big, and he wore just as strange a number for his position: 86.

Image result for darron alcorn portland arena football

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 3/21/2017 at 6:20 AM, Cujo said:

CO38p45UYAExLzq.jpg 

Just noticed this...if you look in the bottom right corner, you will see an apartment building in the far background. I lived in that building for 11 years.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived