Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jags_zps7d6ddd2e.png

The logo itself isn't bad, but I can't see any way it looks good on a helmet. It might look better if it was a side view like the old logo.

It should pop more, the Jags, Ravens, Rams logos on my mini helmets do not stand out at all, they just blend into the dark helmet. That athletic gold will stand out more on the helmet.

The logo is fine, but good luck to the young fan that wants draw it on his trapper keeper.

To be fair, the old one also failed that test.

LOL, then the plan was a success. Junior can go buy a sticker.

kids are front runners, he'll ask for a Ravens sticker

Pros

Better ears, eyes, and nose. The white looks good, and the way the spots look like fur is great

Cons

It doesn't look like a pro football logo. The last one was bolder, had a better shape, and teeth. The new one looks like a clipart-y logo for a team named the Wildcats.

I do like it the more I see it.

Hi, I'm a new user. Big Jags fan, been following this board since the news broke about the update. Mixed feelings about the new logo. I think it makes the old one look outdated when you see them next to each other. But I don't get all the white on the face. Looks like a beard. I googled pics of real jaguars, and most do have some white on their faces, so it's accurate, but it's too much. I'm a total amateur and used Microsoft Paint, but I wanted to see how it would look with the new design but coloring closer to the old. What do you think?

30nhw0m.jpg

It's a slight improvement, but nothing great. Why would they have shading to add more depth, but then casually forget about it on the jaw? I suppose it's a good thing that the spots no longer look like Cheetos, but they went too far the other way. The overly detailed spots don't fit stylistically with the rest of the logo. I understand the criticisms about it being more so an illustration than a logo, but I'd rather have a bit more realism than something that seemed forced. I always though the original looked like they found a shape they liked and then tried to squeeze the other details into it to make the logo. At least this addresses the obvious issues with perspective the old one had.

Linework needs to be bolder and it needs to be less detailed. It's too much of an illustration and not enough of a true athletic logo for my taste. Should be simpler and bolder, IMO. I think the spots look better, but that's all I really like about this new look.

Also, yet again, looks like another black outline with no keyline for black backgrounds, just like the Panthers. C'mon, guys.

The LA Jaguars are gonna look gooooooood....

I hope not, otherwise Khan is wasting A LOT of money putting in upgrades.

Obviously he didn't watch the press conference. That new scoreboard is SICK! Biggest in the NFL. Take THAT, Texas!

Hi, I'm a new user. Big Jags fan, been following this board since the news broke about the update. Mixed feelings about the new logo. I think it makes the old one look outdated when you see them next to each other. But I don't get all the white on the face. Looks like a beard. I googled pics of real jaguars, and most do have some white on their faces, so it's accurate, but it's too much. I'm a total amateur and used Microsoft Paint, but I wanted to see how it would look with the new design but coloring closer to the old. What do you think?

30nhw0m.jpg

I like it. I think the white is overwhelming this adding to the "illustration v logo" argument.

Also this new color looks more tanish so I wouldn't be completely surprised if they added tan pants now.

If they do go with primarily black and gold at least it looks like a significantly different shade than the saints use.

Just got the new graphics...I'll post RGB-optimized graphics later (I've been working on the New Orleans Pelicans on-and-off today), but a couple of interesting points in regards to the colors:

• Black, Teal and (Dark) Gold are the same shades as they've been using.
  • The Light Gold is not only a very unique Pantone color, it's a new color that was just added to the Pantone library a year or two ago.
  • The Jags will continue to use a metallic Gold for the helmet mark (alternate for the Dark Gold). This has been the norm since Day One of the franchise. Flat Gold primarily, but a metallic for the helmet decal.

Like I said, I'll post nice RGB versions later.

Archived