Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For one who critiques the hell out of a decent logo like the current, you're fairly easy to please with clipart.

The Jags logo was never decent, the cartoon still addressed all those flaws that I posted. The new problem is that it looks like a cartoon. Tinker w/ the new one see if you can make it look less cartoony.

I'm gonna head this talk off now: FOR THE OFFICIAL RECORD, NIKE HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NEW JAGUARS LOGO. Thank you.

I am glad you pointed this out because I was just about ready to bash Nike, however, I will wait to see the actually helmet and uniforms before making harsh statements.

spacer.png

For one who critiques the hell out of a decent logo like the current, you're fairly easy to please with clipart.

The Jags logo was never decent, the cartoon still addressed all those flaws that I posted. The new problem is that it looks like a cartoon.

From a design standpoint, it was excellent. Nothing about art says everything has to be accurate and realistic. If everything has to be anatomically correct, why haven't we gotten to the point of just throwing photos of jaguars on helmets?

It's one of those things where if you look into it way too much, you turn yourself crazy.

Good grief. I don't know how anyone can look at this and think professional or timeless in any sense with how cartoonish and over-detailed it is.

None of it works and it looks even worse along any kind of wordmark- just doesn't look like a "logo".

Was adding another color to the logo palette also necessary?

The Jags logo was never decent, the cartoon still addressed all those flaws that I posted. The new problem is that it looks like a cartoon.

From a design standpoint, it was excellent. Nothing about art says everything has to be accurate and realistic. If everything has to be anatomically correct, why haven't we gotten to the point of just throwing photos of jaguars on helmets?

It's one of those things where if you look into it way too much, you turn yourself crazy.

Yes throwing a pic up would suck. Cartoon not great, I just hate all the problems I listed. For example Texans, excellent/simple logo. The jags went too far trying to shape the old logo like a baseball diamond

Yes throwing a pic up would suck. Cartoon not great, I just hate all the problems I listed. For example Texans, excellent/simple logo. The jags went too far trying to shape the old logo like a baseball diamond

The Texans logo is about as simple as a logo can get without being a silhouette. If turning every single logo into a simple anatomically correct logo, you're lookig at the new potential Dolphins logo and we all know that has been flamed up to pieces on these boards.

Hi, I'm a new user. Big Jags fan, been following this board since the news broke about the update. Mixed feelings about the new logo. I think it makes the old one look outdated when you see them next to each other. But I don't get all the white on the face. Looks like a beard. I googled pics of real jaguars, and most do have some white on their faces, so it's accurate, but it's too much. I'm a total amateur and used Microsoft Paint, but I wanted to see how it would look with the new design but coloring closer to the old. What do you think?

30nhw0m.jpg

Beautiful, they should have done this, or got rid of the shading altogether (keeping the white) so that the clip art-ish-ness would not be as apparent.

What a flipping train wreck. This thing reeks of amateur, logo-contest-winner. Uneven stroke width, poorly rendered.

It looks like Microsoft Clip Art gallery. This has no business being the logo of a franchise in one of the 2 or 3 biggest leagues in the world.

Over the course of 3 or 4 years (whenever the Reebok redesign took place), Jax has gone from the best look in football to the worst.

Hi, I'm a new user. Big Jags fan, been following this board since the news broke about the update. Mixed feelings about the new logo. I think it makes the old one look outdated when you see them next to each other. But I don't get all the white on the face. Looks like a beard. I googled pics of real jaguars, and most do have some white on their faces, so it's accurate, but it's too much. I'm a total amateur and used Microsoft Paint, but I wanted to see how it would look with the new design but coloring closer to the old. What do you think?

30nhw0m.jpg

Fixed your link. For future reference, you only need one [ ] box per side of the link.

After several staring sessions with the new logo, the only thing that I think I don't like is the shading. I think if the shading was gone, it would look fine.

edit: And after showing it to non-design orientated people, the one comment that I have heard multiple times is that it looks more like a cheetah now.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Archived