Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Jaguar logo in this thread is bad. From. From broken jaw, Cheetos puff jag...to Saturday morning cartoon jag...to flat headed Santa Jag. The only jaguars logo that I've ever thought was well done is the original full body one. They can't seem to get the head right, so why not explore a slightly different direction? There's not a ton of full body logos left in the NFL...just a bunch of severed heads. Could be a nice change of pace.

To illustrate my point. This is a logo. Whatever imperfections you might find, it's stylistically a logo.

eakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

This is a drawing:

8856_jacksonville_jaguars-alternate-2013.png

Put 'em side by side, and it's a tremendous upgrade. Massive.

I'm not a huge fan of the new wordmark, but that's largely a wash. The old one was bland and inoffensive, distingushable only by its arch, and this one is bland and inoffensive, distingushable only by its arch and a couple extra spurs.

The logo is enough of an upgrade that I don't care much about that, though. At last he's looking ahead instead of his eyes rolling up in his head....

My first impression: I liked it. Looks like a cat. I like that the ears are back. And hey, MORE teal. Gotta love that. I wasn't one who thought they needed a new logo, but...

After seeing it side by side, wow. It really seems like a massive upgrade to me. I agree with Crazy Anna and Gothamite. Call it clip art. Call it an illustration. Whatever. It's better now. It's a cat. The old one looks like an abstract Spongebob to me now. It's weird. With a properly drawn cat next to it, my eyes can't form the old logo into one anymore. Just my thoughts...

Side note: As nice as some of them might be, I wish people wouldn't fill threads of actual new logo releases with their own tweaks or designs. #petpeeve

Every Jaguar logo in this thread is bad. From. From broken jaw, Cheetos puff jag...to Saturday morning cartoon jag...to flat headed Santa Jag. The only jaguars logo that I've ever thought was well done is the original full body one. They can't seem to get the head right, so why not explore a slightly different direction? There's not a ton of full body logos left in the NFL...just a bunch of severed heads. Could be a nice change of pace.

what about csgd's logo? I thought it looked pretty good, the watermark makes it a little harder to tell, but looks like the best so far.

Love all the :censored: talking about CJ's version. Step up to the plate folks! He did.

His version is better than the old or the new Jag in my opinion.

No reason to step up. The new Jaguars logo is a massive upgrade. The Jags are the ones that stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Game over.

Love all the :censored: talking about CJ's version. Step up to the plate folks! He did.

His version is better than the old or the new Jag in my opinion.

No reason to step up. The new Jaguars logo is a massive upgrade. The Jags are the ones that stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Game over.

Anna, I'm loving all your posts today. As a Jaguar fan it gets exhausting with all the arguing that goes on, but you're killing it tonight.

I have to admit that when I first saw it I said "oh, that's actually not too bad!". I like it and I really think it works. I could do without the teal eyes but that not withstanding its a major upgrade in my opinion.

Btw, this argument that many people are somehow rallying around that "this is a drawing not a logo" is incredibly weak and comical. It seems convenient to take that route just because you don't like the logo. Just say you don't like it and that's fine. To say "it's not a logo" is silly and a huge stretch IMHO. All logos are drawings, right? I mean c'mon, What are we really talking about here? Semantics? Just plain silly

As a Jaguar fan it gets exhausting with all the arguing that goes on....

Why does it have to be exhausting? MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT There are some out there who do not like the Jags' new logo. MOD EDIT Just the logo.

MOD EDIT

Found this on the Jags twitter ....

BCYKeJECMAAm7RT.jpg

yeah the local news reporters were wearing those at the press conference today.

they also had the logo along with STAND UNITED on flags/banners/whatever on lightposts around the stadium.

the president of the team also called the shield a "badge."

Archived