makhlakh

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n33Rc0p.png

I like that... I like that a LOT.

This is my new favorite version of the Jags

That's fantastic.

Agreed. Very well done. Will they listen though?

I like it, but the hairy chin screams grampa to me

The chin reminds me of this (not implying anything, but finally figured out what it reminded me of):

Blizzard.gif

It's where I sit.

The concepts in this thread have no place in this forum. Put them in the concepts forum if it makes you happy. The Jaguars just released their logo. They aren't going to change it based on your cool tweaks to their logo. My biggest objection is that it's so futile. You might as well try to persuade the president to change parties. It's not going to happen.

Everyone loves a roundel.

The concepts in this thread have no place in this forum. Put them in the concepts forum if it makes you happy. The Jaguars just released their logo. They aren't going to change it based on your cool tweaks to their logo. My biggest objection is that it's so futile. You might as well try to persuade the president to change parties. It's not going to happen.

I don't mind the concepts being posted in this forum.

This is a logo forum so showing logos is kinda of what is done here especially since most are better than the real one.

Anyway there is nothing to talk about if we can't say the Jaguars should have went this direction or that direction.

I think most know there is no changing the new logo but a fella can hope right.

If you can't beat 'em...

So you guys have done a nice job updating the Jags brand new look, but I think I found just the tweaks that will put it over the top.

First, no one has drawn a logo yet. They are still just illustrations. Second, it's too curvy, so I straightened out some lines. Third, the colors need a tweak to be more marketable, so I changed the teal to a blue shade. Fourth, I simplified the design to make it more iconic.

406.gif

Am I doing it right?

Looks like clip art.

(That's become my new favorite saying.) :P

i wonder what peoples reaction would be if that were a logo released in 2013? it's a great logo, and has a :censored: ton of brand equity now, but if a team came out with that now i don't think many would be very happy with it. "all that money and all they could come up with is a star?"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i wonder what peoples reaction would be if that were a logo released in 2013? it's a great logo, and has a :censored: ton of brand equity now, but if a team came out with that now i don't think many would be very happy with it. "all that money and all they could come up with is a star?"

They certainly would have a point about it being generic. Something like the Cowboys' star wouldn't work today because it wouldn't have the equity built in. However, I can't think of a better or more iconic logo for the Cowboys (yes, I realize that sheriffs wore stars and not cowboys). If the Cowboys were designing the logo from scratch today, the star would likely be slanted or be beveled or something. And that would make it worse. Maybe this means "Nets B" wont look like a giant piece of crap to me in 30 years, but the Nets would have to win multiple championships for that logo to become iconic like it desperately tries to be.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They certainly would have a point about it being generic. Something like the Cowboys' star wouldn't work today because it wouldn't have the equity built in. However, I can't think of a better or more iconic logo for the Cowboys (yes, I realize that sheriffs wore stars and not cowboys). If the Cowboys were designing the logo from scratch today, the star would likely be slanted or be beveled or something. And that would make it worse. Maybe this means "Nets B" wont look like a giant piece of crap to me in 30 years, but the Nets would have to win multiple championships for that logo to become iconic like it desperately tries to be.

ive always seen it as a representation of Texas, the "lone star state". probably right about the styling if it were to come out now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

406.gif

Am I doing it right?

Nah, too pretentious.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you can't beat 'em...

So you guys have done a nice job updating the Jags brand new look, but I think I found just the tweaks that will put it over the top.

First, no one has drawn a logo yet. They are still just illustrations. Second, it's too curvy, so I straightened out some lines. Third, the colors need a tweak to be more marketable, so I changed the teal to a blue shade. Fourth, I simplified the design to make it more iconic.

406.gif

Am I doing it right?

Looks like clip art.

(That's become my new favorite saying.) :P

It would probably look something like the concept Dallas Stars logo that's been floating around.

torch_stars_primary.jpg

Probably something like this...

8459159735_d27b775246_n.jpg

Nah, too pretentious.

Yep, that's Dallas.

If it's "too pretentious", then it fits like a glove. :)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived