Ravens intentional holding on punt

Brave-Bird 08

Sorry to start a thread on this, but I want to see what you all think:

Did anyone see the two OBVIOUS holds by two Ravens while trying to protect the punter on the intentional safety play?

It was pretty evident the holds were intentional. The thing is, under my understanding, a holding in the endzone ends in a safety...so if the 49ers were intentionally trying to get a safety there's no point in throwing a flag.

Did the officials know that was coming and not call it? The holds allowed for the punter to putz around in the endzone for some extra seconds before running out. If all of that was planned it was genius.

Discuss.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see anything fishy but I only saw it once at full speed.

It was 100% the right decision to take the safety for sure. A miracle FG still wouldn't beat you (OT would be the worst case there) and you can punt from a better position and not have a rush to worry about a blocked punt for a TD.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

There was a second shooter in the grassy knoll and 9/11 was a false-flag shadow op.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Did anyone see the two OBVIOUS holds by two Ravens while trying to protect the punter on the intentional safety play?

It was pretty evident the holds were intentional. The thing is, under my understanding, a holding in the endzone ends in a safety...so if the 49ers were intentionally trying to get a safety there's no point in throwing a flag.

Did the officials know that was coming and not call it? The holds allowed for the punter to putz around in the endzone for some extra seconds before running out. If all of that was planned it was genius.

Discuss.

Really? Please explain.

As I said in the Super Bowl game thread, it was still a live ball play. The official's are not going to blow the play dead on a hold.

How many other holding plays are blown dead before the play ends?

I don't think the point of the thread was to cry "conspiracy".

There is no reason for the Ravens not to hold there. The objective is to waste as much time as they can. The hold, as mentioned above, does not blow the play dead. I don't know why it was not flagged (because it was quite obvious), but had it been, it would have been declined. If SF accepts a penalty there, then the re-snap the ball from the 2.5 and the Ravens run the clock out before taking another safety.

Intentional hold? Yes. And smart.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Holding on the punt = OH NO WE GIVE THEM AN AUTOMATIC SAFETY (on a play designed to get a safety)

So who cares?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Discuss.

Really? Please explain.

As I said in the Super Bowl game thread, it was still a live ball play. The official's are not going to blow the play dead on a hold.

None of them. That's what I'm saying. The coaches knew the play wouldn't be blown dead, so they just said, "Screw it! Hold!"

Did you also see the 15 obvious holds that San Francisco committed but were never called?

Was just coming in here to post that.

The refs were just garbage across the board - there's a reason why Boger's grades had to be changed by the league for him to be allowed to ref this game.

I'm just wondering why everybody wanted the regular refs to come back so badly. Newsflash: they suck.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Holding on the punt = OH NO WE GIVE THEM AN AUTOMATIC SAFETY (on a play designed to get a safety)

So who cares?

Pretty much this.

I agree with the above.

I don't see why this deserved its own thread.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So who cares?

Pretty much this.

I don't see why this deserved its own thread.

Because it was the first time any of us have probably seen a punt milk-out in the end zone, with some of us disputing the safety ruling.

Discuss.

Really? Please explain.

None of them. That's what I'm saying. The coaches knew the play wouldn't be blown dead, so they just said, "Screw it! Hold!"

I'm assuming that may even have been mentioned in the time out leading up to the safety.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The penalty for holding in the end zone is a safety so the result of the play wouldn't have changed.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived