NCAA Yakball Voting

raysox

So for the Final Four, each team will have to create an alternate uniform so we aren't voting on the same sets for another 4 days. But here is the catch, they have to use the uniform trend that I will randomly assign. Basically, putting each designer into a corner, and having them fight out of it.

UNCG will have to make their alternate a fauxback

Alabama will have to use a form of gradient

Missouri will have to use an oversized logo

Michigan will need to use dark grey

All of those were randomized, so I again have no control over how it ended. After all the concepts are turned in, I will post the bracket and links. Designers, just get your concepts to me in some way, it doesn't matter. Just put the alternate uniform on a page with the uniform set you originally submitted.

Michigan and Alabama will face off

UNCG and Missouri will face off

Enjoy!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer. It's been a while since I entered a contest around here so I'm happy to have made it as far as I did, but I really would've loved to be in the final four.

I'm curious as to why some of you chose not to vote for Ohio.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Bummer. It's been a while since I entered a contest around here so I'm happy to have made it as far as I did, but I really would've loved to be in the final four.

I would have, but I'm a Michigan fan and that design was fantastic too.

Hmmm I thought this was the case for a lot of the concepts that didn't make it. I'm a Michigan fan too and I honestly don't think the Michigan set is in any way superior to that of Ohio's so that turnout was suprising

Midway.png

I would have, but I'm a Michigan fan and that design was fantastic too.

Hmmm I thought this was the case for a lot of the concepts that didn't make it. I'm a Michigan fan too and I honestly don't think the Michigan set is in any way superior to that of Ohio's so that turnout was suprising

I was thinking that too. That Michigan set should've been out in the first round IMO. Oh well.

mcbqza.jpg

I'm not sure if it is safe to be making accusations about voting motives. Sure, it isn't that big a deal in the scheme of things, and I had the same worries at first, but I like to think that the people here care more about design than seeing their favorite team win a contest that quite frankly has no bearing on the real world whatsoever.

I agree that it is shocking that Ohio was knocked out, it was one of two concepts (along with NAU) that I was prepared to vote for over my own if I advanced that far, and while I'm disappointed to see them eliminated, the four who moved on made some great concepts, and I'd like to wish them all good luck in the next round.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Solid work, everyone! Final four has some great potential with Mike's twists. West was easily the toughest section of the bracket, but hey! Luck of the draw. Can't wait to see the NIT, too. Nice work running this, Mike, and thanks everyone who voted for NAU!

Wow. That Michigan-Alabama matchup will be a good one!

Sort of off topic but, I'm surprised no one did Boise State, blue turf and all.

Lights Out will take it in the NIT tournament in a few weeks, for sure.

So there is an NIT. Terrific.(Ill probably get LO in the first round)

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The thing I didn't like about Ohio was the speed stripes are kind of templatey

It's funny. From the start, I thought yours was the best. Good luck to all!

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

The thing I didn't like about Ohio was the speed stripes are kind of templatey

I don't know what that means or why it's a detriment.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived