NCAA Yakball Voting

raysox

I didn't really like NAU's. I understand how it got out of the first round, but after that it should've been eliminated. I think it was way too gaudy.

I'd argue that gaudy is okay for Yakball concepts...there's been a lot of outside the box stuff from raysox in the main thread. I personally loved the NAU design, though my favorite concept is still alive.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer. It's been a while since I entered a contest around here so I'm happy to have made it as far as I did, but I really would've loved to be in the final four.

I'm curious as to why some of you chose not to vote for Ohio.

The thing I didn't like about Ohio was the speed stripes are kind of templatey

I don't know what that means or why it's a detriment.

The stipes across the body fade put very similarly to stripes featured in both Nike and Adidas (probably under armour too) football style guides making your uniform seem like a generic template that say a high school team could order from said companies

Yeah, not getting a generic vibe from McCarthy's set, nor would I use the word 'gaudy' to describe plaid.

That said, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

I think the uniform parts it was used for was what made it gaudy IMO. The mountain shape and the all plaid socks are what didn't do it for me.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I don't know how you could say Ohio's look was generic? The stripes are genius IMO! No one else used a brick pattern like that, it is very unique.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Bummer. It's been a while since I entered a contest around here so I'm happy to have made it as far as I did, but I really would've loved to be in the final four.

The stipes across the body fade put very similarly to stripes featured in both Nike and Adidas (probably under armour too) football style guides making your uniform seem like a generic template that say a high school team could order from said companies

It was football inspired, which I'll point out was also present in my opponent's entry. I was going for a school tie-in.

2010-10-23-5911-JH.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

It was football inspired, which I'll point out was also present in my opponent's entry. I was going for a school tie-in.

I can offer my reasons for not voting for Ohio. I felt as if there was a little much going on. A large sublimated pawprint (is this a logo Ohio uses? It looks kind of like clipart), the stripes of varying lengths (with texture), and the Ohio wordmark on top. It made it all feel a bit cluttered to me. Now in no way is it a bad kit, but I preferred the simple look of Michigan more. Obviously this is just my opinion, and these things are clearly very subjective. Great job making it to the Elite 8 nonetheless, you certainly made it farther than most.

I can offer my reasons for not voting for Ohio. I felt as if there was a little much going on. A large sublimated pawprint (is this a logo Ohio uses? It looks kind of like clipart), the stripes of varying lengths (with texture), and the Ohio wordmark on top. It made it all feel a bit cluttered to me. Now in no way is it a bad kit, but I preferred the simple look of Michigan more. Obviously this is just my opinion, and these things are clearly very subjective. Great job making it to the Elite 8 nonetheless, you certainly made it farther than most.

Thanks for the input and I can understand it. From the few PM's I've gotten about it and the responses here, it's the first critique that I think actually makes some semblance of sense.

The pawprint is an Ohio logo that goes back to the 80's and at one point appeared on the football helmets. Not clip art.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well seeing the critiques on Ohio makes me wonder how USC didn't advance further, aside from the fact I went up against two tough schools.

Looks like I'll be getting C&C when I post the Pac-12 Yakball thread!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

The alternates are in! Instead of waiting, I'll just go ahead and post them now. All four teams were given a uniform trend that would cause each a little trouble in creating a uniform. Don't base your vote on just the alternate, but the whole set. Voting ends Saturday afternoon!

As a refresher, here are the guidelines they had to use

UNCG will have to make their alternate a fauxback

Alabama will have to use a form of gradient

Missouri will have to use an oversized logo

Michigan will need to use dark grey

Final Four

bracket4_zps92e79ae0.png

Archived