Super Bowl XLVIII Logo

BlazerBlaze

I know back before the "standardized" SB logos, the one for next years would be unveiled during Superbowl week. So did they unveil the one for XLVIII? I know its going to be the trophy and the letters and the blah blah blah. I just want to see how they portray MetLife. Anybody heard anything?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erin Andrews posted this promo picture for next year that has logo on it and she works for FOX so I assume it's legit. It's not letting me put it on here so its just a link to her tweet of it. Not a spam link

https://twitter.com/...495585353347072

Man why couldn't they have had a logo like that for this years Super Bowl.

That one really pops! -_-

Erin Andrews posted this promo picture for next year that has logo on it and she works for FOX so I assume it's legit. It's not letting me put it on here so its just a link to her tweet of it. Not a spam link

Son of a :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: . I've lost all hope of a unique logo now.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Man why couldn't they have had a logo like that for this years Super Bowl.

That one really pops! -_-

I see what you did there.

Son of a :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: . I've lost all hope of a unique logo now.

Any chance is if current design team gets canned. But with the recent interview where they said they were looking for something permanent, a change won't happen with them.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Any chance, is if current design team gets canned. But with the recent interview where they said they were looking for something permanent, a change won't happen with them.

Where'd you hear that?

From the super bowl thread on here:

http://www.howdesign.com/editors-picks/superbowlcreativedirectorspeaks/

6. When is the next Super Bowl logo created every year?

The logo is developed 16 months before the game. For the first 44 Super Bowls a unique logo was created every year that attempted to include some aspect of the host city, whether it was color, or a cultural icon or known symbol. We constantly evaluate our brand and how it is represented and felt strongly that the Super Bowl needed a permanent identity. For Super Bowl XLV, we introduced a consistent design which focuses on the prize rather than the location. The Vince Lombardi trophy and roman numerals are the consistent design elements of the identity. In highlighting the host city, we knew the best way to do this would be through photography and graphic elements we create and offer in the style guide.

The NFL's logic makes no sense, we needed to brand the #1 yearly American TV event like the NBA and NHL to help our brand? Still remains one of the dumber decisions in branding history and detracts from the individual uniqueness that is each Superbowl.

The NFL's logic makes no sense, we needed to brand the #1 yearly American TV event like the NBA and NHL to help our brand? Still remains one of the dumber decisions in branding history and detracts from the individual uniqueness that is each Superbowl.

I just find it funny they are still making unique logos (not the host committee logos) for the super bowl anyways. In my head I'm just telling myself these are the logos and the new copycat system doesn't exist.

8446634828_707f99d9d1_m.jpg8445545539_b2fb401b18_m.jpg

I can't verify XLV, is this it or a fan made one?

Super-Bowl-2011-300x300.jpg

What bothers me is that they got rid of the uniqueness by keeping every logo basically the same. Something I'm sure everyone can agree on. Then they add the "secondary" more unique logos which are used around the stadium and on some merchandise. Problem is they wanted a "permanent" and "unified" identity, but we're left with an event that is using two completely different logos everywhere and it turns into a mess. Last night the silver boring logo was painted on the field, yet the unique gold Nola logo was on the interior signage.

Actually you can't really tell who played in the game with the old logos. You could just tell where it was.

Actually I can. I can associate who played in the game based on the logo... You might not be able to, but You can show me a logo and I can tell you who played in it without looking it up.

Actually you can't really tell who played in the game with the old logos. You could just tell where it was.

Actually I can. I can associate who played in the game based on the logo... You might not be able to, but You can show me a logo and I can tell you who played in it without looking it up.

I agree

spacer.png

spacer.png

Same here Pizzaman.. that's why I just hate this "standard" SB logo crap. The logo has looked horrible on fieldturf the last 3 yrs. They could of required that all future logos must have the Lombardi trophy in the logo to keep the "it's about the trophy not the city" talking point but, still kept the the unique colors/theme of the city like the old SB logos did.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Too bad the NFL doesn't do the Super Bowl logo anymore cause I would've bet you anything that the logo was going to look like Broadway since the game is in New York.

Too bad the NFL doesn't do the Super Bowl logo anymore cause I would've bet you anything that the logo was going to look like Broadway since the game is in New York.

Archived