Super Bowl XLVIII Logo

BlazerBlaze

Erin Andrews posted this promo picture for next year that has logo on it and she works for FOX so I assume it's legit. It's not letting me put it on here so its just a link to her tweet of it. Not a spam link

https://twitter.com/...495585353347072

x2_10c64ea5.jpg

So if it's Super Bowl 48, why is there a 34 on the chest of the robot?

He's always been #34. Even when done in the NFL teams colors.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad the NFL doesn't do the Super Bowl logo anymore cause I would've bet you anything that the logo was going to look like Broadway since the game is in New York.

2349.gif

Close enough.

True and the WrestleMania 29 logo would've been a perfect SB logo just replace WrestleMania with SuperBowl.

Word.

wrestlemania29logo.jpg

I think WrestleMania 29 has probably the best logo yet for a WrestleMania, if only instead of "NY/NJ" it said "XXIX". That's my only beef with it.

Same here and I thought that's was the alternate logo and that the real logo either have 29 or XXIX

EDIT: Nevermind

• 2 weeks later...

Is this what we will be possibly getting with the way the backdrop is and all.

6937130133_407fe1162e.jpg

The more I see it, the more it pisses me off.

(Not your particular photoshop... I mean the fact that this logo system is still around)

I found it on Google but about the logo system, if this is still around in about 10-15 years and they hold it at a venue twice, it's going to look exactly the same on merchandise. If anything the current system cheapens everything.

Is this what we will be possibly getting with the way the backdrop is and all.

6937130133_407fe1162e.jpg

The more I see it, the more it pisses me off.

(Not your particular photoshop... I mean the fact that this logo system is still around)

I found it on Google but about the logo system, if this is still around in about 10-15 years and they hold it at a venue twice, it's going to look exactly the same on merchandise. If anything the current system cheapens everything.

Oh trust me, that wont happen. The people running the NFL aren't dumb... just greedy. I still wont bet on this system being around too much longer.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I really don't get the hate for the "logo system". While I'm not sold on the actual design, I totally understand the desire to stress the title rather than the venue. The NBA does it, the NHL does it, and while I get that the NFL is different because it's known in advance where the game will be played and it's a neutral site, I think that the consistency of knowing that you're playing for the right to wear that silver patch on your jersey every year is a good thing.

I understand we're a bunch of logo / design / art / marketing / etc. fans on this board, and I totally understand why people love the unique site-specific logos (including the anticipation of their release, the critiquing of them, the concepts, etc.) but I also think that it makes a lot of sense from the NFL's perspective to standardize things.

It's one of those things where I really don't think it's wrong to do it one way vs doing it the other. Frankly, I'm in favor of standardizing, but there's pros and cons to each. I can understand loving the old way or loving the new way, but I can't understand hating either way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really don't get the hate for the "logo system". While I'm not sold on the actual design, I totally understand the desire to stress the title rather than the venue. The NBA does it, the NHL does it, and while I get that the NFL is different because it's known in advance where the game will be played and it's a neutral site, I think that the consistency of knowing that you're playing for the right to wear that silver patch on your jersey every year is a good thing.

I understand we're a bunch of logo / design / art / marketing / etc. fans on this board, and I totally understand why people love the unique site-specific logos (including the anticipation of their release, the critiquing of them, the concepts, etc.) but I also think that it makes a lot of sense from the NFL's perspective to standardize things.

It's one of those things where I really don't think it's wrong to do it one way vs doing it the other. Frankly, I'm in favor of standardizing, but there's pros and cons to each. I can understand loving the old way or loving the new way, but I can't understand hating either way.

Pure brilliance.... Couldn't agree more.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Very good point. As long as they keep a unique secondary logo, I can live with the standardized primary.

2l8w674.jpg

This could have been perfect! According to the logo's backstory, this was an ode to the Radio City facade. Oh how I wish this was it.

all we need is someone to create the previous three super bowl mock logos and we can pretend this logo system never existed

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived