Worst sports logos ever

SFforever

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol not only is this thread completely subjective, but people's definition of 'worst logo ever' is completely skewed to suit their bias. How you can say a clean, well organised logo that may be boring or overly simple is just as bad as a hand drawn cartoon bear face is beyond me. Seriously, I give up. Some people are just dumb.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

logo.jpg

It's opposite day!

Seriously, that's really well-rendered. Even if you don't like the concept, how is that the "worst ever", given some of the other things posted in this very thread?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

LMAO, who says a logo needs to have an intimidating aesthetic? If anything, a logo that attempts to look 'mean' or 'threatening' tends to suit a junior-level team rather than a professional one. It's entirely up to how the teams performs and the reputation they gain that influences how people react to seeing their team crest. Most professional sports logos (the good ones) are works of art. Abstract or symbolic. If you think a tiger showing a few teeth makes it a better logo, fine, but that's not how it works I'm affraid.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I say tghe bears logo is bad becasue who the hell is intimidated by a mscot holding it's stick behind his head? OHHHHH the other team is scared.

Is a "thunder" intimidating? No. Is a raven intimidating? No. As long as somebody can identify the logo with the correct team, then the logo does its job.

It doesn't matter if your logo scares the other team either because I for one am not afraid of some computer graphic and I don't think professional athletes are either.

mcbqza.jpg

Five pages in and I'm surprised to see nobody post this bad boy yet...

Baltimore-Ravens-Logo.gif

Just a ginormous mess, all the way around.

That's not even the worst logo in their division. So it's hard for me to call it the worst logo ever.

You mean this "primary logo"?

Browns-helmet.png

6uXNWAo.png

lvchw3qfsun2e7oc02kh2zxb6.gif

I mean, I never liked it.

rcehah9k0kekjkgzm077fflws.gif

The Nationals previous logo was way better. How to quickly ruin a struggling team image. You can't come up with this sort if logo and pretend been original in the 21st century.

I agree with many of the previous posts here, The Buffaslug, the LA Clippers, OKC Thunder.

I would be too easy to bring a couple 70's WHA teams logos like the Civics, the Cowboys.

I don't agree with the NY Yankees. Interesting post.

If the Buffalo Bills did a similar logo, we would be calling it a good modernization. While I don't think the logo itself is bad, it just looks bad on a hockey sweater. On a football helmet it's really not that bad looking. Which I think lies the problem with the logo.

^ I meant to quote this initially...anyway, here's a different version (I like this one better myself):

BuffaloBills_PropHRS0200a_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Archived