Worst sports logos ever

SFforever

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Long Island Surf logo is a thing of beauty. Hideous, hideous beauty.

As for major league logos that have yet to be suggested, I've always thought that the logos associated with the NHL's Oakland/California Seals were hideous.

8883uojgyvl8vmimu8vqwiyuk.gif

I get that it's supposed to be a seal holding a hockey stick, but good LORD...even accounting for the fact that this was made in the 1960's and that the resources available to designers were much more limited, this just stands out as horrendous (especially considering that the other logos of the late 1960's were generally quite good).

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Football_NIFL_Pomona_Cool_Riders_Logo_prtsc.JPG

forthworth.jpg

playerhaters.jpg

..... what the hell?

The NIFL in its death throes was not a pretty thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As for major league logos that have yet to be suggested, I've always thought that the logos associated with the NHL's Oakland/California Seals were hideous.

I get that it's supposed to be a seal holding a hockey stick, but good LORD...even accounting for the fact that this was made in the 1960's and that the resources available to designers were much more limited, this just stands out as horrendous (especially considering that the other logos of the late 1960's were generally quite good).

You know I really don't mind that Seals logo - it's very much a snapshot of the time it was created in 1967. While it's certainly not on par with say Peter Max's "Yellow Submarine" look it is at least somewhat evocative of that era of artwork, much like the later Expos tri-color "M". And of course it looks completely, horribly dated today, and frankly it was outdated by the time it was retired after 3 seasons.

On the other hand the Flyers' crest is also from the same time period and the same artistic style, and it certainly has aged well enough.

You know I really don't mind that Seals logo - it's very much a snapshot of the time it was created in 1967. While it's certainly not on par with say Peter Max's "Yellow Submarine" look it is at least somewhat evocative of that era of artwork, much like the later Expos tri-color "M". And of course it looks completely, horribly dated today, and frankly it was outdated by the time it was retired after 3 seasons.

On the other hand the Flyers' crest is also from the same time period and the same artistic style, and it certainly has aged well enough.

It looks more like a fish than a seal. I mean, the thing has gills.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

It looks more like a fish than a seal. I mean, the thing has gills.

I generally like retro logos but this one was really bad. It's about on the level of the Toledo Storm clip art logo.

In school we had those that took their time on their assigned projects and those that threw something together at the last second just to turn something in to avoid getting an 0. This logo reminds me of the later.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Colorado State, way too basic:

9r1q0dwy7wdjqae9nn8ghwtu8.gif

They just made it worse..

. 15988562013.gif

This SCREAMS minor league, the logo and name:

496226812014.gif

Worst ever? For any of these that is a stretch. A huge stretch.

Actually, all of these logos are solid/good and not even bad, let alone among the WORST OF ALL TIME. This is a matter of opinion, but come on.

That Colorado State logo is simple but bold enough to work. That Jags logo at the very least makes the head look more fearsome than before and replaces the black cheese puffs with actual spots. And even if you hate the name/mascot, that Pelicans logo has the word-mark and symbols to represent New Orleans properly.

forthworth.jpg

playerhaters.jpg

Did San Antonio know that being called a "Player Hater" is not a term of endearment?

Was the team trying to say it hates players, as in athletes, instead? Does that mean that they hate their own players as well?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

forthworth.jpg

playerhaters.jpg

Holy s#*t. What the f*€k is this crap? The middle one is just pathetic.

Because the first and third ones aren't.

all i got to know is this: was san antoino's coach Silky Johnson??

It was Buck Nasty actually.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a "Sixer" is...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived