Worst sports logos ever

SFforever

8883uojgyvl8vmimu8vqwiyuk.gif

Oh God it's got two mouths. I can't unsee it now. I'm so confused.

In point of fact, I believe the line running from the tip of the nose to just under the eye is meant to represent a whisker.

Seriously? What a confusing abstract representation of a seal. I knew that line wasn't supposed to be the mouth, but I always saw it as being that.

That's a seal? I thought it was some retarded fish

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presenting the Nogales Desert Ghosts of the independent American West Baseball League.

nogalesdesertghosts.jpg

dg-snake.300x234.png

Taking "suck" to a whole new level.

I keep reading the cactus as a "Y" instead of a "T." That thing is hideous.

Admiralslogohistory.png

All of them.

MilwaukeeBrewersminor_league_baseball_teamLogo.png

this is the Brewer's minor team or something, either way its awful.

I happen to like most of those Admirals logos...and the Brewer one too.

EDIT: And now that someone called the one line a whisker, I see it. I *always* thought it had two mouths.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Oh God it's got two mouths. I can't unsee it now. I'm so confused.

In point of fact, I believe the line running from the tip of the nose to just under the eye is meant to represent a whisker.

Yup... it's a whisker.

I know (I know) this logo is bad, a truly poor drawing, but I still have a weird soft spot for it. Personally, I like the kelly and gold version better... such a great, and criminally underused color scheme.

pqi053uh8ihzpjmh86ne503fp.gif

That Long Island Surf logo is a thing of beauty. Hideous, hideous beauty.

As for major league logos that have yet to be suggested, I've always thought that the logos associated with the NHL's Oakland/California Seals were hideous.

I get that it's supposed to be a seal holding a hockey stick, but good LORD...even accounting for the fact that this was made in the 1960's and that the resources available to designers were much more limited, this just stands out as horrendous (especially considering that the other logos of the late 1960's were generally quite good).

You know I really don't mind that Seals logo - it's very much a snapshot of the time it was created in 1967. While it's certainly not on par with say Peter Max's "Yellow Submarine" look it is at least somewhat evocative of that era of artwork, much like the later Expos tri-color "M". And of course it looks completely, horribly dated today, and frankly it was outdated by the time it was retired after 3 seasons.

On the other hand the Flyers' crest is also from the same time period and the same artistic style, and it certainly has aged well enough.

It looks more like a fish than a seal. I mean, the thing has gills.

I don't see gills--you must be interpreting something differently than I ever did...

I think he is talking about the line going upwards on its face

I figured that part out--I just never thought it looked like a gill, so that never occured to me.

I've always liked the logo myself.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Admiralslogohistory.png

All of them.

this is the Brewer's minor team or something, either way its awful.

maybe it's me but the early admiral logos kinda remind me of old school Captain Crunch

capncrunch.gif

the pre-dead logo they used til 2006 was far from horrible, nothing great but nothing like the atrocities found in this thread. Hell even the dead logo which I don't care for look good in comparison.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 1 month later...

Archived