BJ Sands
  • Runnin' down a dream

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 00:32

Posted Image

It took two pages for this to come up?

Too obvious?

Sometimes, the easy answer is the correct one.

#43 Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 01:49

Okay, I'll play. The thread won't be complete without this one...

Posted Image

#44 Bayne

Bayne

• Members
  • 965 posts

• Favourite Logos:Detroit Red Wings
      Dallas Stars
      St. Louis Blues

Posted February 10, 2013 - 02:18

^you have to put that pretty much at the top of any list.
I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

#45 Legend

Legend
  • Kill em all, let God sort em out.

• Banned
  • 1,146 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:33

Posted Image

Posted Image

2ly2w09.jpg

#46 Coast2CoastAM2006

Coast2CoastAM2006
  • The new mascot of the New York Mets

• Members
  • 7,230 posts

• Favourite Logos:Islanders Fisherman

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:34

Posted Image

why is this never on a worst list? how the hell did it get permitted to be a usable logo?

Islanders96.png

"I walked away from the Last Great Time War, I marked the passing of the Timelords, I saw the birth of the universe and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment until nothing remained -- no time, no space, just ME! I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a mad man! And I watched universes freeze and creations burn, I have seen things you wouldn't believe, I have lost things you will never understand! And I know things, secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never be spoken! Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze! So come on then! Take it! Take it all baby! Have it! You have it all!"

#47 FGM13

FGM13
  • Guess Which City I Live Near

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

• Favourite Logos:Toronto Blue Jays
      Hamilton Tiger-Cats
      Boston Bruins
      Flying Elvis
      Washington Wizards
      Weagle

Posted February 10, 2013 - 11:05

Posted Image

/thread

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS           

#48 JStamper

JStamper

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 11:22

...we gotta put an end to all these "these are my opinions, show me your opinions so we can fight and disagree!" threads...

They've been done countless times before, and it's especially painful when the OP has only 8 posts...

Completely disagree. They're some of the best threads on this site. And anyone should be able to post a new thread regardless of how many posts they have.

I don't mind "themed" threads like "Favourite one-offs", but a flat-out "logos I don't like" thread is pretty predictable, redundant, and uninteresting to read.

I will admit I don't fully understand the nuances of these sites, I just like to read the opinions and follow the rumors. That being said, if you don't think a topic is interesting, can't you just not read it? Obviously some people think it is interesting.

#49 EddieJ1984

EddieJ1984

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 12:09

Posted Image

why is this never on a worst list? how the hell did it get permitted to be a usable logo?

Looking up the team, it was in the 70s. So its not like they are a team now using it.

Posted Image

#50 Marlins9703

Marlins9703

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 12:19

Duh.

Posted Image

OK, here are some other choices:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yes, the Marlins logo is bottom of the barrell, pretty much. The only reason why it is relevant is its art-deco style wordmark, but I call BS on that one seeing that the Marlins do not play near South Beach, they play in Little Havana. :P

#51 Brave-Bird 08

Brave-Bird 08
  • True hipsters wear Peerless Price jerseys to Falcons games

• Members
  • 3,971 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 18:33

Posted Image

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram                        

#52 Bolt957

Bolt957

• Members
  • 421 posts

• Favourite Logos:New York Jets (1978-1997), Baltimore Ravens (1996-1998), Pittsburgh Penguins (1992-2000), Ottawa Senators (Current)

Posted February 10, 2013 - 19:56

Posted Image

Looks like someone drew on a turd.
Posted Image

#53 Patchez

Patchez

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 20:44

Chicago had it's share of lousy logos...
Posted Image

Now wouldn't YOUR design look good on a REAL baseball cap? - Patchez

#54 powersurge

powersurge
  • well at least there's baseball

• Members
  • 3,648 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 20:56

^Dear Lord, it looks like the one armed female silhouette in the Chicago Hustle logo just gave birth to a basketball...and is that a cross I see in there? WTF???

#55 WildWinger88

WildWinger88
  • Something Magic Happens Every Night.

• Members
  • 6,293 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anaheim Ducks Secondary (2010-Present)
      Mighty Ducks of Anaheim ('93-'06)
      Baltimore Ravens ('96-'97)
      Baltimore Bullets
      Baltimore Orioles (2012)
      Richmond Renegades ('90-'03)

Posted February 10, 2013 - 21:03

When looking at that Chicago Hustle logo all I can think about is Arnold saying, "It's not a tumor!"

Team2014Signature.png

FANTASY CLUBS:

Richmond Renegades (2x Capital Cup Champs)(NAHL/GHA 2006-Present)Baltimore Claws (MLH 2013-Present) - Richmond Roadrunners (CFA 2011-Present) - Virginia Pines (1x Gait Cup Champs) (ULL 2011-Present) - Richmond Virginians (CL 2013-Present) - Virginia Squires (UBA 2011-Present) - Bayern Baltimore (CPL 2011/USA 2011-Present)

#56 imawalkingcorpse

imawalkingcorpse

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 23:04

Posted Image

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

#57 jmac11281

jmac11281

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 23:33

I have a hard time including the old logos in this discussion (although that Tigers logo is terrible). The technology and resources used to create a logo is so much better today. There is no excuse for a terrible modern logo like the OKC Thunder.

#58 vman

vman

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 23:56

Posted Image

Maybe everyone else realized that as much as it's despised, it's nowhere near as bad as what's been posted already, hence, it doesn't belong here. But thanks for being that guy.

#59 WildWinger88

WildWinger88
  • Something Magic Happens Every Night.

• Members
  • 6,293 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anaheim Ducks Secondary (2010-Present)
      Mighty Ducks of Anaheim ('93-'06)
      Baltimore Ravens ('96-'97)
      Baltimore Bullets
      Baltimore Orioles (2012)
      Richmond Renegades ('90-'03)

Posted February 11, 2013 - 00:04

Posted Image

Maybe everyone else realized that as much as it's despised, it's nowhere near as bad as what's been posted already, hence, it doesn't belong here. But thanks for being that guy.

I don't know. That logo is pretty bad. I don't know what their design team was thinking when they came up with it, but it obviously wasn't something good. To say the 'Buffaslug' isn't as bad as previous logos posted is giving it too much credit. It's disliked for a reason, because it is a BAD logo. The whole dynamics of it are just proportionately bad. It looks like a chestburster from the movie Alien more than a buffalo.

Team2014Signature.png

FANTASY CLUBS:

Richmond Renegades (2x Capital Cup Champs)(NAHL/GHA 2006-Present)Baltimore Claws (MLH 2013-Present) - Richmond Roadrunners (CFA 2011-Present) - Virginia Pines (1x Gait Cup Champs) (ULL 2011-Present) - Richmond Virginians (CL 2013-Present) - Virginia Squires (UBA 2011-Present) - Bayern Baltimore (CPL 2011/USA 2011-Present)

#60 Coast2CoastAM2006

Coast2CoastAM2006
  • The new mascot of the New York Mets

• Members
  • 7,230 posts

• Favourite Logos:Islanders Fisherman

Posted February 11, 2013 - 00:18

Posted Image

I don't know. That logo is pretty bad. I don't know what their design team was thinking when they came up with it, but it obviously wasn't something good. To say the 'Buffaslug' isn't as bad as previous logos posted is giving it too much credit. It's disliked for a reason, because it is a BAD logo. The whole dynamics of it are just proportionately bad. It looks like a chestburster from the movie Alien more than a buffalo.

If the Buffalo Bills did a similar logo, we would be calling it a good modernization. While I don't think the logo itself is bad, it just looks bad on a hockey sweater. On a football helmet it's really not that bad looking. Which I think lies the problem with the logo.

Islanders96.png

"I walked away from the Last Great Time War, I marked the passing of the Timelords, I saw the birth of the universe and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment until nothing remained -- no time, no space, just ME! I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a mad man! And I watched universes freeze and creations burn, I have seen things you wouldn't believe, I have lost things you will never understand! And I know things, secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never be spoken! Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze! So come on then! Take it! Take it all baby! Have it! You have it all!"