Worst sports logos ever

SFforever

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...we gotta put an end to all these "these are my opinions, show me your opinions so we can fight and disagree!" threads...

They've been done countless times before, and it's especially painful when the OP has only 8 posts...

Completely disagree. They're some of the best threads on this site. And anyone should be able to post a new thread regardless of how many posts they have.

I don't mind "themed" threads like "Favourite one-offs", but a flat-out "logos I don't like" thread is pretty predictable, redundant, and uninteresting to read.

I will admit I don't fully understand the nuances of these sites, I just like to read the opinions and follow the rumors. That being said, if you don't think a topic is interesting, can't you just not read it? Obviously some people think it is interesting.

I have a hard time including the old logos in this discussion (although that Tigers logo is terrible). The technology and resources used to create a logo is so much better today. There is no excuse for a terrible modern logo like the OKC Thunder.

sabreconcept1.jpg

It took two pages for this to come up?

Maybe everyone else realized that as much as it's despised, it's nowhere near as bad as what's been posted already, hence, it doesn't belong here. But thanks for being that guy.

I don't know. That logo is pretty bad. I don't know what their design team was thinking when they came up with it, but it obviously wasn't something good. To say the 'Buffaslug' isn't as bad as previous logos posted is giving it too much credit. It's disliked for a reason, because it is a BAD logo. The whole dynamics of it are just proportionately bad. It looks like a chestburster from the movie Alien more than a buffalo.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

sabreconcept1.jpg

It took two pages for this to come up?

Maybe everyone else realized that as much as it's despised, it's nowhere near as bad as what's been posted already, hence, it doesn't belong here. But thanks for being that guy.

I don't know. That logo is pretty bad. I don't know what their design team was thinking when they came up with it, but it obviously wasn't something good. To say the 'Buffaslug' isn't as bad as previous logos posted is giving it too much credit. It's disliked for a reason, because it is a BAD logo. The whole dynamics of it are just proportionately bad. It looks like a chestburster from the movie Alien more than a buffalo.

If the Buffalo Bills did a similar logo, we would be calling it a good modernization. While I don't think the logo itself is bad, it just looks bad on a hockey sweater. On a football helmet it's really not that bad looking. Which I think lies the problem with the logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

$T2eC16Z,!y0E9s2S8jDCBP563jhHfQ~~60_35.JPG

Yep, I believe you have a winner there. Even as a kid when this was their logo, I could not figure out why they'd use such a horribly-done logo.

I agree with that old Nordiques logo too. Anoher team with a history of lazy/poorly-done logos is the Canucks.

283.gif

vancouver_canucks_logo_yellow.jpg

87Redskins.png

Archived