New Vikings logo released

steff002

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think the linework isn't thick enough, especially the outside border. It's a slight improvement, but still not that great of a logo.

+1 on border part but overall it is nice update to a classic logo I wish the jags would have done something similar

If only the Dolphins would do something similar....

From a $$ standpoint, I don't think fans will go out and buy a new hat just because this logo is on it.

thats not the point. it's to make the logo work better in a variety of mediums, and more aesthetically pleasing (or just drawn better as in the hair).. they've made it better in a few areas and will most noticeably be a better reproduction in embroidery

Yeah, I think they're to be commended. They could have made larger changes to spur merchandise sales, but they resisted.

One guy on Facebook, who claimed they "ruined the best logo in pro sports!" told me to "settle down" because I noted that some people just hate change and that this will likely bring more consistency in various applications...lol Fans.

True enough, but what you told him was a little rude, since he won't be able to help reading himself as those "some people".

Don't make it about the people. That won't ever end well. Keep the focus on the design itself. Your second point was much better.

One guy on Facebook, who claimed they "ruined the best logo in pro sports!" told me to "settle down" because I noted that some people just hate change and that this will likely bring more consistency in various applications...lol Fans.

True enough, but what you told him was a little rude, since he won't be able to help reading himself as those "some people".

Don't make it about the people. That won't ever end well. Keep the focus on the design itself. Your second point was much better.

I certainly meant no malice behind it. But I do think an experiment of posting the same old logo and claiming it was "new and revised" would produce an interesting response. Most would say "what changed?" just like many did with this one. But I would bet there would be a few "traditionalists" who would say they didn't like the change. Heck, you are getting people saying it looks like a cartoon (in a negative way). Seriously, the changes aren't that drastic. lol.

I love it, too. They found a way to update it, yet keep it classic like it has been for over half a century

That makes it a perfect update.

Agreed. It's exactly what they needed to do. This and Cardinals' update have to be the the two best facelifts in NFL logo history.

Agreed, though I would also put the 1997-2012 Dolphins facelift in that category as well. It's too bad the Patriots didn't follow this route.

i think thats true; i mean theres a guy really flipping out over this? and he thinks it's the best logo in pro sports? talk about emotional attachment and rose colored glasses. you see this reaction (a bit of a paradigm shift) with major updates, but damn. i'd almost bet he has bought the same groceries from the same store for 20 years

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

If only the Dolphins would do something similar....

You want the dolphins to make a change that 90% of the world wouldn't notice? Seems pointless.

From a $$ standpoint, I don't think fans will go out and buy a new hat just because this logo is on it.

That is flat out wrong if you're talking about this Vikings thing.

It's closer to 98%. B)

Seriously, if you lined up about 10 Norsemen logos and made every other one the newer version, 9 out of 10 people wouldn't notice.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Fun fact:

Actual Vikings never wore horns on their helmets. Greek and Roman historians wrote about warriors from the North with horned helmets, which was just an exaggeration used to make them sound scarier for their stories.

Think about it this way, If your career involved hand to hand combat, would you want what is basically a giant pair of handlebars attached to your helmet? It's the same reason why cops wear clip on ties.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived