New Vikings logo released

steff002

I wish they would have added the yellow ring to the base of the horn to match the horns on the helmet. Also, it looks to me that the curvature of the horns aren't exactly the same. I could be wrong about that though.

OK adding to ColorWerx version, but going Full Purple Helmet + Yellow Base Ring (ONE CAVEAT: this is a simply cut and paste hatchet job just to give everyone an idea of what this would look like -- so it's not going to be "perfect"):

MinnesotaVikings_PropPMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

That looks good! I wish they would put the horns lower on the helmets and make them more vertical like the logo. The horns on the helmets are almost horizontal.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still bugs me that you can see the other horn but not the other side of the moustache. I choose to imagine that the far horn is actually a little third horn that pops straight out the back of the helmet for extra pointyness.

It still bugs me that you can see the other horn but not the other side of the moustache. I choose to imagine that the far horn is actually a little third horn that pops straight out the back of the helmet for extra pointyness.

Man y'all keep pointing out things that are killing the logo for me.

Pretending like I didn't read this thread.

I wish they would have added the yellow ring to the base of the horn to match the horns on the helmet. Also, it looks to me that the curvature of the horns aren't exactly the same. I could be wrong about that though.

OK adding to ColorWerx version, but going Full Purple Helmet + Yellow Base Ring (ONE CAVEAT: this is a simply cut and paste hatchet job just to give everyone an idea of what this would look like -- so it's not going to be "perfect"):

MinnesotaVikings_PropPMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

That looks good! I wish they would put the horns lower on the helmets and make them more vertical like the logo. The horns on the helmets are almost horizontal.

There needs to be a little bit of give and take here IMO. If the entire logo mirrors the helmet logo to a T, then you kind of run the danger of having a kind of "redundant" 2nd / alternate logo. The alternate / secondary / non-helmet logo should bring something a little different to the table -- not to mention the fact that it may just ending up looking like a Viking actually wearing the Vikings football helmet (which I don't think is the look you want to go for).

Finally, if you think about it, it should be the other way around -- i.e. the helmet portraying the Viking rather than vice versa. In other words, the way I see it, the horns of the helmet is supposed to portray "real" horns of a Viking helmet, but due to the physical limitations of the shape / overall real estate of a football helmet you end up doing what you can / compromising (e.g. angles of the horns and such). But the alternate / non-helmet logo doesn't have any of these limitations (or they have less constrictions -- you can have more detail, depth / perspective, etc.)

Finally, if you think about it, it should be the other way around -- i.e. the helmet portraying the Viking rather than vice versa. In other words, the way I see it, the horns of the helmet is supposed to portray "real" horns of a Viking helmet, but due to the physical limitations of the shape / overall real estate of a football helmet you end up doing what you can / compromising (e.g. angles of the horns and such). But the alternate / non-helmet logo doesn't have any of these limitations (or they have less constrictions -- you can have more detail, depth / perspective, etc.)

This would be the best solution. After I thought about it for a while, I don't think it would even be possible for them to put horns on the helmet that match the logo. The base of the horns would have to be down by the earhole.

Another color helmet doesn't work, for applications against purple the yellow helmet is preferable.

True. Which is why (along with certain rumors to the effect of an added color coming) I was partially expecting a gray helmet for the logo.

I was so sure we were gonna see a grey helmet.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• 4 years later...

Made my way down to Mercedes Benz Stadium this weekend to see the Vikes and the new stadium ... was shocked to see the pre-2013 logo used all over the stadium.

I understand how similar they look, but the correct logo is right there!

yimg-8619_orig.jpgimg-8620_orig.jpg

img-8621_orig.jpgimg-8622_orig.jpg

51 minutes ago, gek_6 said:

Made my way down to Mercedes Benz Stadium this weekend to see the Vikes and the new stadium ... was shocked to see the pre-2013 logo used all over the stadium.

Get used to that. The old logo is used nearly everywhere.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

On 12/5/2017 at 4:53 AM, gek_6 said:

had the exact same reaction. was really shocked. and i totally agree with you - that's the correct logo. but anyway, the heat suck, thanks for the heads up.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:53 PM, gek_6 said:

This almost always happens. NFL teams put up the incorrect Browns helmet still, even though the biggest difference is the mask color which is pretty easy to identify. Local TV stations are even worse since someone put up a picture of the Miami Hurricanes helmet with the wrong mask. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived