Seattle Pilots Hockey Concept

Sport

u didn't consider ice pilots before doing concept

No I didn't.

And the city of Pensacola FL thanks you for that. :P

Man, this is some great stuff. Far as the "pilot" logo goes, I really can't offer any great way to help with that, except to say I don't think you even needed—the winged "S" is strong enough on its own (and would be even more so with further tweaking); however, maybe the literal pilot could make for a good secondary patch. As for the winged "S", I recommend studying various "flight wings" patches, pins, and/or emblems, to kinda ger a good warm fuzzy for different methods of rendering a truly unique and distinctive main crest. With enough (and the right) creative interpolation, I think you can come up with a standout emblem.

I love the idea of the pilot stripes on the sleeves...but, just two things: 1) First Officers get three stripes, Captains get four...don't know if that matters to you or not. And 2) it'd all pretty much be for naught anyway, because as soon ad a player puts his gloves on, that whole nifty little idea goes straight out the window (this is where practical applications can trip one up). Noe there IS a way to get around that and still achieve the same effect, and for that I have obe word for you:what EPAULETS. I trust you'll be able to figure that one out. ;)

Buc,

I appreciate this. The secondary logo was truly rendered as an afterthought to the pilot idea. More and more I think it's becoming the stronger mark and while that mustachioed pilot has become my baby, I'm leaning towards making the secondary the primary. You're right, the wings need some work and I know that if I stylistically rendered the captain wings in a unique but also recognizable way then it could really become something.

I actually thought about epaulets but I didn't like the way it looked and it meant that I'd have to keep one of my logos off of the uniform. As far as the sleeve stripes go, I did not know that and the next rendering WILL have 4 stripes.

You're the second person to bring up the whole stripes being obscured by the gloves thing. Valid concern. I tried to place them high up enough so that the issue would be avoided, but also low enough that you get the pilots jacket effect. Pilots dont have stripes around their elbows. Also, I'm a big Columbus Blue Jackets fan and I always kinda liked how their inaugural unis had the hidden cuff on the sleeves

Rick-Nash.jpg

thanks for the input. I'll have revisions up soon.

If you put that fourth stripe on the upper end, closer to the elbow, then I think you'll be fine. I was going to suggest bumping it up, but it probably IS high enough now.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bump.

Also, I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but I'm working on a logo where the wings are styled in like the wings on a totem pole to drive in the pacific northwest area.

Let me know what you think of the updates to the logos.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This is a really beautiful looking concept. Two things however. First, on the primary logo, I find that the mustache gets lost in the earflap and creates a big blob. I really like the idea of using the mustache, maybe changing the color would work? I'm not entirely sure though.

Second, I'm not a fan of the number font you used. It reminds me of the Seahawks font, which looks good on their uniforms. However, I feel like the font doesn't work with the crest or striping very well.

Otherwise, everything is great. I especially love the secondary logo.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Looks good, reminds me of a Johnny Cannuck logo I saw a while ago.

I think his forehead needs something to show his furrowed brow. Perhaps just one line to show his determination. Right now his forehead looks rather flat.

Edit: here is the logo I was talking about. I believe it was posted here before. Amazing Logo.

c61d5c36bc5d79e6665916dafc75cb31.png

Picture21.png

This is a really good concept.

I like the name, colours and logos (with a few tweaks)

Incorporating faces into logos is tough (and risky), but you've done a great job.

However, even though I like the pilot, the wings seem more effective to me as the primary.

I'd maybe lose the gold /tan border with the wording, but keep the navy triangular shape behind.

Put a little detailing into the wings, and the winged Met "S" is enough.

I think that the sleeve striping might have to come up a bit.

Really nice job!

I really like these. The color scheme is great, I love the Met "S" and the wings, and the pilot, though I agree with Vicious about a forehead line to show his furrowed brow. Otherwise, I think this should be the official Seattle NHL team if they can get it.

spacer.png

I think his forehead needs something to show his furrowed brow. Perhaps just one line to show his determination. Right now his forehead looks rather flat.

Edit: here is the logo I was talking about. I believe it was posted here before. Amazing Logo.

It is only now that I remember this concept. I loved it then, love it now. Any connection to this or Johnny Canuck from the comic books is accidental. I realize now that may not play in a city as close to the Canadian border as Seattle.

Also, here's a fun photoshop project I did over the weekend.

kane_zps51e95a4d.png

The green came out a little too bright in places and a little too dark in others. that is a tricky green to match.

Thanks for the input, guys. It's helped a lot with the way I look at this project and I realize now that it still needs some work before it's finished.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It is only now that I remember this concept. I loved it then, love it now. Any connection to this or Johnny Canuck from the comic books is accidental. I realize now that may not play in a city as close to the Canadian border as Seattle.

Also, here's a fun photoshop project I did over the weekend.

kane_zps51e95a4d.png

The green came out a little too bright in places and a little too dark in others. that is a tricky green to match.

Thanks for the input, guys. It's helped a lot with the way I look at this project and I realize now that it still needs some work before it's finished.

Never meant to insinuate that you copied, or stole the logo in any way, its just what came to mind when I saw it. Good logo man.

Picture21.png

That mockup brings a lot of attention to two issues:

The green is too bright to be put next to white, as with the numbers. Separate the two with a navy outline, Bruins-style.

The socks are just a mess. The green at the bottom simply doesn't work. I would get rid of it, or put the green at the top of the sock, or putting the green both at the top and bottom, but they might look too much like the Pens' third socks then.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 11 months later...

Archived