Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unwind

WWE WrestleMania XXIX - April 7, 2013 - MetLife Stadium

1,236 posts in this topic

Why do they keep dragging out Mae Young's old ass? Talk about painful to watch. Glad they had Punk cut that scene short.

Say what you will about the predictability of The Streak. We finally get a legit heel facing Taker since Edge at Wrestlemania 24 and I'm really excited for that.

Not everyone can wear black trunks. Sheesh.

Seriously Punk, it's time to put the boot covers back on. Plain black just makes u blend in with the rest of the lame wrestlers in this match.

Punk vs 'Taker at WrestleMania XXIX. Can't wait.

1 person likes this

Punk vs The Streak. Surprised that match didn't end with The Shield coming out.

Too early of an ending.....Taker's coming...

Despite what happened on Raw, the big news of the day is the amazing story that Mick Foley is finishing up another children's book....with Kane and Daniel Bryan as characters.

So wanted Flair to turn on The Miz tonight and side with Ziggler. Dolph getting jobbed out is becoming a little irritating

Punk needs solid wins after losing to The Rock twice and John Cena in high-profile matches. If he's going down to Taker, he needs as many credible wins as possible.

So apparently The Shield attacked Big Show after RAW went off the air, and it's not one of those "It happened in a dark match so lol it doesn't count" things, either.

I bet $2 we'll see The Shield vs. Big Show, Ryback, & Sheamus/Orton

Punk needs solid wins after losing to The Rock twice and John Cena in high-profile matches. If he's going down to Taker, he needs as many credible wins as possible.

Does anyone else think it would be a bad move for the WWE to have Punk lose to Undertaker? I think Punk is the best choice to end the streak because he is the most unexpected one to do so. He's a sleeper. I really hope it ends at 20-1 this year. We don't need Ryback or Cena!

SHIELD is awesome. That is all.

Honestly I don't see what Punk could possibly do to Taker to even get the pin. Anaconda vice? I don't see UT tapping out. GTS? Let's be serious, that's a weak finisher.

I'm torn. I love both Punk and Taker, but if Punk is the one to end the streak I'd be totally Ok with it.

I bet $2 we'll see The Shield vs. Big Show, Ryback, & Sheamus/Orton

Disagree with this -- I think we're setting up for a Ryback/Mark Henry one-on-one match, and Show/Sheamus/Orton facing The Shield.

Honestly I don't see what Punk could possibly do to Taker to even get the pin. Anaconda vice? I don't see UT tapping out. GTS? Let's be serious, that's a weak finisher.

I'm torn. I love both Punk and Taker, but if Punk is the one to end the streak I'd be totally Ok with it.

What if Taker was to try and chokeslame to finish Punk off but it was reversed into a GTS for the win? That could work. :P

Are we just supposed to forget that Sgt. Slaughter was once the "Iraqi Sympathizer"? Yes? Ok.

1 person likes this

That, along with believing that the Iron Sheik somehow switched allegiances to Iraq and rose to the rank of Colonel, was the most "not intentionally comical" absurd angle ever. That"s the reason why I consider the end of the "classic" wrestling era of my youth to be WM 6. Everything between then and 14 (when I was in college and the Attitude era was starting) might as well have not existed - and it all started with Warrior getting hit with a scepter aNd Slaughter celebrating with a lavender belt.

What if Taker was to try and chokeslame to finish Punk off but it was reversed into a GTS for the win? That could work. :P

I wouldn't be surprised to see Punk hit the GTS on Taker and get a 10-count, but the ref is down, no one to count the pin. Then, he could go on about how he got screwed in making history.

But if he is the one to end it, it's going to be in a sensationalistic fashion! I have no clue what they would come up with, however.

That, along with believing that the Iron Sheik somehow switched allegiances to Iraq and rose to the rank of Colonel, was the most "not intentionally comical" absurd angle ever. That"s the reason why I consider the end of the "classic" wrestling era of my youth to be WM 6. Everything between then and 14 (when I was in college and the Attitude era was starting) might as well have not existed - and it all started with Warrior getting hit with a scepter aNd Slaughter celebrating with a lavender belt.

Here's the pic of the stupid lavender belt (couldn't post it earlier because I was in phone.) I don't really mind that Warrior had so many custom straps, but to use a purple one for a planned title change and have Slaughter's one (WWF) championship moment be defined by that belt was a poor choice.

08-4.jpg

Here's the pic of the stupid lavender belt (couldn't post it earlier because I was in phone.) I don't really mind that Warrior had so many custom straps, but to use a purple one for a planned title change and have Slaughter's one (WWF) championship moment be defined by that belt was a poor choice.

08-4.jpg

Yeah, a white strap would have been the way to go if they were really committed to having Warrior come out for that match in a custom strap.

As for everything in your last post, I agree, somewhat. Personally I started watching wrestling around 1996-97 so I never watched the WWF during its "dark ages" but looking back it does look like a very stupid period of WWF/E history.

:cry: One of my favorite managers.

Oh wow.. That's pretty shocking. Thoughts go out to his family.

Fonzy as a wrestler... who knew

My favorite Paul Bearer segment. This right here just shows his ability to take a cheesy concept like this, and make it great!