Unwind

WWE WrestleMania XXIX - April 7, 2013 - MetLife Stadium

1,236 posts in this topic

Bruno Sammartino, in 2013.

BEXLrKRCQAATkl5.jpg

Bruno Sammartino, in 2013.

BEXLrKRCQAATkl5.jpg

"You've still got it!"

According to rumors Mark Henry vs. Chris Jericho is being discussed for Mania. WHY?

Well, we know Jericho is most likely gone for a bit after WrestleMania. If he is, then why not have Henry go over Jericho and make Henry look like a legitimate contender for the WHC or WWE championship during the summer? Jericho gets the business probably better than anyone else. I don't think he's going to do something that doesn't positively impact the business.

It would make sense to put Henry over Jericho, but what do they do with Ziggler, then? They haven't lined him up with anybody yet for Mania, and Jericho is the only one who makes sense to face him at this point. Kofi maybe?

As for Bruno, wow. He's 14 years older than Ric Flair, but he looks a hell of a lot better. He might be in better shape than Hogan, too.

Bruno looks like he could step into the ring with anyone and hold his end of the match.

Does anybody else still collect WWE figures? I buy a few of the guys I like and keep them on my desk, but if you do too, my buddy is opening an online store for figures and can hook you up with rarer figures for retail prices or less.

If I see one that catches my eye, I'll usually buy it. Once he gets the store running, I'd like to see what he has to offer. There's a lot of my figures I wish I kept because I had some really cool ones, unfortunately I beat a lot of them to hell.

I still remember my first figure. It was Undertaker circa '94. He had on the purple, had the western hat, his skin glowed in the dark, and his limbs would crack when you bent them. I ended up having a buried alive match with him in the backyard and never found him.

I have a TON of '80s LJN rubber wrestlers. Unfortunately very few are in near mint condition, and I re-painted many to reflect changes in ring attire (I tried to give Tito Santana "strike force" tights, and I painted the black sling on Andre the Giant - didn't turn out too well.) I can't believe how much those go for on ebay now - of course they have to be in their packaging. I'll never understand the point of buying a toy and then not actually playing with it, but whatever.

If I see one that catches my eye, I'll usually buy it. Once he gets the store running, I'd like to see what he has to offer. There's a lot of my figures I wish I kept because I had some really cool ones, unfortunately I beat a lot of them to hell.

I still remember my first figure. It was Undertaker circa '94. He had on the purple, had the western hat, his skin glowed in the dark, and his limbs would crack when you bent them. I ended up having a buried alive match with him in the backyard and never found him.

He'll have some good stuff. He got a wholesaler to supply him, but his main goal isn't to make money - it's to get figures affordable. If you've been to Ringside Collectibles, you'll know of their outrageous prices. $40+ for a basic figure? No thanks.

I don't have those. The only "tag team" sets I have are British Bulldogs, Dream Team (I think they came as a team, but maybe they were separate), and Shiek and Volkov.

I guess Hart Foundation was rare or limited edition. There's some that I've never seen - for example, I had no idea that they made Demolition or One Man Gang or some of the others. Probably because I was growing out of them and they were later on, or maybe mail order or something.

I hated how they all came with brown versions of the Big Green belt. Even Hogan came with a black version of it. That's why I just made my own belts for all of them

I haven't heard a confirmation, but I'm hoping fkr an Iron Shiek appearance tonight.

I haven't heard a confirmation, but I'm hoping fkr an Iron Shiek appearance tonight.

After the last Old School Raw, I don't think they trust Shiekie baby with a live microphone anymore.

I don't have those. The only "tag team" sets I have are British Bulldogs, Dream Team (I think they came as a team, but maybe they were separate), and Shiek and Volkov.

I guess Hart Foundation was rare or limited edition. There's some that I've never seen - for example, I had no idea that they made Demolition or One Man Gang or some of the others. Probably because I was growing out of them and they were later on, or maybe mail order or something.

I hated how they all came with brown versions of the Big Green belt. Even Hogan came with a black version of it. That's why I just made my own belts for all of them

They actually only made Ax of Demolition, for some reason. I also found out last week that the Bob Orton figure was actually supposed to be "Cowboy" Bret Hart, but he turned down the gimmick. I always wondered why it seriously looked nothing like Orton.

I have most of the LJNs (I'm basically only missing the extremely rare ones) at my parents' house, along with the Hasbros and a crapton of the earlier Jakks series. I don't know what's worth money, but I have over 300 of them.

Edit: I actually went into this thread to mention that Mysterio might've torn his ACL again. Can I cheer?

I just noticed that they made a World's Stongest Man Ted Arcidi doll for some reason. I don't think I even saw him wrestle other than Wrestlemania 2.

Never realized that about Bret Hart either. It doesn't really jive though. I can't remember if I have Bob Orton but if it didn't look like him maybe it was just due to poor production.

I have Terry Funk in his chaps, vest, cowboy hat, and branding iron. Man, how times changed.

I just noticed that they made a World's Stongest Man Ted Arcidi doll for some reason. I don't think I even saw him wrestle other than Wrestlemania 2.

Never realized that about Bret Hart either. It doesn't really jive though. I can't remember if I have Bob Orton but if it didn't look like him maybe it was just due to poor production.

I have Terry Funk in his chaps, vest, cowboy hat, and branding iron. Man, how times changed.

I actually own the Ted Arcidi. I had no idea who he was when I bought it...I thought Boris Zhukoff originally had hair or something. The Terry Funk is one of the better rendered figures made by LJN. I think I lost his cowboy hat.

I managed to pick up a whole bunch of the LJN's from some guy my mom worked with. I recall that he charged $2 each. I think I got a good deal.

Legitimately excited about RAW tonight. Love that feeling.

I predict Jack Swagger beats up on Sgt Slaugter for not being a real American, or something. We'll see.

I only ever had two LJNs: Hogan (duh) and Snuka. I was never a big fan of those are the Hasbro WWF figures that followed. They all looked cool enough, except that you couldn't actually play with them. By the time they got it right with Jakks, I didn't care as much. I did, however, pick up the Bret Hart and Goldust figures.

Taker kicks off the show!

1 person likes this