When the Glass Breaks: Toledo Rockets football

Discrim

This is one of those times that the third jersey's idea came first...in this case though, executing said idea took a bit of effort. Home and away...

toledomain.png

Torso uses diagonal shadow stripes to simulate a pane of glass, a la Toledo's nickname, Glass City. Speaking of which...Third

toledoalt.png

broken glass...oddly enough, this was inspired by a Youtube music video of a song I'd heard on the radio several years ago, and found again a few months ago. Turns out that particular singer is from Toledo, and before the main song starts playing, they got a sound of glass breaking followed by "GLASS CITY! Bring the music!"

Yeah, another day of being inspired by weird ish.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This is pretty damned awesome, Mr. Carr. I like these as much as I liked you Ragin' Cajuns concept... great use of local imagery in this, and even more appropriate since Toldeo plays in the Glass Bowl. Only thing I'd change is darkening the streaks on the blue jersey. Right now it's reminding me of the bootleg FuBu jerseys that every other Seven Mile Fair vendor sold circa 2000-01. :D

Is that your helmet logo, or is it one of theirs?

The logo's one of theirs, apparently a version they don't use that often...LOL about them Fubu ripoffs, I remember seeing more than a few of those back in the day...hell, I remember one couple wore some Fubu jerseys, jeans and Nikes for our homecoming dance my junior year...then again I STILL remember this bootleg D-Wade jersey I saw somebody wearing about 4-5 years ago, but I digress.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived