Worst color scheme in the NHL?

Bayne

I think all of the teams have great colors, however there's something about Colorado's burgundy and blue that doesn't work for me, mainly when I see the colors on the ice. They just seem daggy. They don't pop out at me and always look kinda dull on TV.

Anyone else have other teams?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vancouver. Call me nuts but I don't really like the 2 bright shades of blue and green. Now I think blue and a subdued green or a Vegas gold would work better. As for the Avs, become more burgundy and white with blue accents.

EDIT: Just noticed OP is a Canucks fan. I liked the 90s jerseys better, sorry.

I liked the 90s jerseys better, sorry.

Though I don't agree they have the worst color scheme in the current NHL, I do agree that that set of uniforms and colors were the best in their history. I've never been a fan of the "stick-in-the-rink". But to answer the OP's question, and I really can't say there are bad color schemes in the NHL, but I'd have to go with the Ducks' colors. They had such an original scheme when they entered the league and to go the direction they did kind of left a lot to be desired, from the logo on down. And TBH I think adding a little more orange to the set might even change my mind on their set, too. But I think the league as a whole has entirely too many blue teams as a primary. And the blue on blue color scheme has definitely been played out. Just my two cents.

UniJ

Edmonton. I despise their return to the retro colours. They're butt-ugly. At least wear navy blue. They had something original with the copper, and they ditched it to re-clone the Islanders.

The Coyotes' scheme isn't terrible, but they, too, should have stuck with their last colour scheme. That was unique and fit the team's name and geography to a tee.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I have no problems with Vancouver's color palette. Their logo package is a mess, though. And I'm quite fond of burgundy, so nothing against the Avs.

Winnipeg dropped the ball big-time by not using the colors of the RCAF ensign (medium blue, sky blue, red). All that midnight blue is just so drab.

The worst is probably Anaheim. Dark green and orange would have been unique and rather duck-like. Instead, they look as generic as can be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate Anaheim's color scheme. Black and gold is a good color scheme. Black and orange is a good color scheme. Black, gold, AND orange? Not so much. The Vegas gold and the bright orange compete for attention and don't look particularly good together. There was nothing wrong with their old jade and eggplant color scheme, which really stood out among the league in a good way.

Also, like all other sports, there's too many red, white, and blue teams.

I also really like Colorado's scheme. Sure, they're technically a RWB team, but the shades they use are unique and appropriately Denverish. I kind of wish the Nuggets would adopt that color scheme as well. Their problem is with that ugly click-and-fill Reebok template, not the colors in and of themselves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I forgot about Anaheim. There's your culprit right there.

I'll also bring up the point that there are too many similar color schemes in the NHL for comfort. Of course I'd expect that from a 30 sport league but there is almost no consideration to originality it seems.

Midway.png

I'm kind of out of the normal when I say that I like the ducks colour scheme/ jerseys, and also the Islanders third works for me as well. But I'd have to pick my adopted second team the Stars as the worst IMO, they have the potential to have great jerseys with their scheme, yet they refused to put green on their black-dominated home and it looks horrible; and I like black jerseys.

At least they're redesigning.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I'm clearly in the minority with only a small handful of people, but I actually really like the Ducks' current color scheme. I'm not saying they couldn't use something like dark green and orange for example, but I have no problem with the black vegas gold and orange. I think they way they use it is quite sharp as well. Whenever I see them on TV I love the simplicity and the way the orange is just there to accentuate the design. I like the 3rd jersey too, but too much orange IMO.

As I said, minority.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived