Logos/Uniforms Gone Too Soon

BlackBolt3

While looking on the mothership, I thought about the logos that was taken away too soon. Thus the birth of this thread. One of mine is the Detroit Pistons alternate logo from 2001-2006. It was a good logo, but I felt like it didn't have its time to grow.

*Note: this is a purely opinionated thread*

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

145.gif

17 years was far too few.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

17 years eh?

You know it's a great logo when it looks like it could have been pumped out yesterday.

The Rangers need to go the two alternate route like the Kings and Edge-ify both Liberty jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

how long before this turns into post every logo that had a short shelf life?

Or in some cases, logo's just not in use, like the jaguars one posted, that was used for 18 seasons, so how the HELL was it taken away too soon? If it was the original logo that they never got to use due to being sued by jaguar auto I could see.

WFL: most of them (exceptions: Houston Texans (lowercase "h"); Detroit Wheels (use of lowercase "d"); Shreveport Steamer (too busy, odd choice of singular name); Jacksonville Express (too busy/detailed as well) NY Stars (boring; nothing to write home about); Chicago Winds (joke). Two of my faves:

wfl74-sun-tuborg.JPGWFLhawaiians.jpg

USFL: Maulers, Bulls, Panthers, Wranglers, Bandits, Generals, and this beauty:

helmet-breakers.gif

It is what it is.

crystalpep.jpg

Gotta love those old 2-liters with the plastic bottom pieces and metal screw caps.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Both of these were fantastic logos, and it's a shame they only lasted a combined 14 years:

3102.gif98256e6rrugp88puehfylgn2k.gif

This would have been one of my favourite cap logos in all of MLB if they removed the gradient. Shame it only lasted a year:

tew9qo7fxijh5xq8fgi0thhda.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived