bigred618's Soccer Concepts (NY Red Bulls Rebrand)

BigRed618

FSC, I like the sound of that.

The third isn't a nod to the Burn, it's more of a 'Hi, how are you doing?' It'd probably be more in their interest just to use their colours but not their logos, a more subtle horse logo somewhere on the shirt would work better.

Home and away seem more than suitable for the concept though.

That's what I figured. Here's a version without the Burn logo:

dalthird.png

Any more C&C before I move on? No one said anything about Brooklyn or Red Bull...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...nothing then? No matter, I'm continuing anyway.

PHILADELPHIA UNION

Home Kit

phihome.png

Change Kit

phichange.png

Philadelphia is one of the few teams that I couldn't do much to improve on. The shirts, the colors, the symbolism, everything goes perfectly together, and represents the City of Brotherly Love well. I made a change kit that made use of the light blue, and I changed their presenting sponsor, Union's only flaw, imo, but I changed little else.

C&C appreciated. Colorado Rapids is next.

COLORADO RAPIDS

Home Kit

colhome.png

Change Kit

colroad.png

I tried something unusual for the Rapids. Originally I wanted to dress them in claret/light blue stripes, but their home shirts have been solid claret ever since the rebrand, and I figured they deserve to have some stability in their identity. Instead those stripes appear on the sleeves and socks.

The change kit is an obvious nod to the Caribous of the old NASL, infamous for their wild-west-themed uniforms. I figured leather fringes would not be allowed on an MLS uniform, so I made them bars instead.

C&C appreciated. Cascadia teams are next.

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC

Home Kit

vanhome.png

Change Kit

vanchange.png

Third Kit

vanthird.png

I made a small tweak to their crest to tie them more closely to their previous incarnation in the NASL. The jerseys are actually inspired by those infamous Big V jerseys that the NHL's Canucks used to wear. But the V pattern can also resemble the Whitecaps' crest as well. I also made a new third for them, which is also inspired by nostalgia.

Any feedback is appreciated. Sounders is next.

I've been working on some soccer concepts, and my Whitecaps crest looks very similar to yours. The main problem I have with the Whitecaps current crest is the blandness of the font used. The old Whitecaps wordmark is great, seems like a natural fit to me.

The chevron look is good. Maybe you could make it mimic the bottom of the crest more, with three chevrons rather than just one?

I've been working on some soccer concepts, and my Whitecaps crest looks very similar to yours. The main problem I have with the Whitecaps current crest is the blandness of the font used. The old Whitecaps wordmark is great, seems like a natural fit to me.

I guess great minds think alike. Thank you for not accusing me of stealing your work. This was a coincidence, I assure you.

SEATTLE SOUNDERS

Home Kit

seahome.png

Change Kit

seachange.png

Third Kit

seathird.png

For the normal kits, the biggest change is that I made a new crest. Chief Seattle makes a welcome appearance inside a roundel specially shaped to also look like a stylized "SS" lockup.

I'm most proud of the third kit I made for them, utilizing the city's flag and emblem, as well as an updated version of their old '70s crest.

Let me know what you think. Timbers is next.

PORTLAND TIMBERS

Home Kit

porhome.png

Change Kit

porchange.png

As far as logos go, the Timbers are very interesting. They have separate color schemes and even different crests between their home and change kits. It's as if they couldn't decide which identity to use, so they kept both.

Anyway, let's get one thing straight... I didn't make the crest. I found it on Google when I was doing a search for something else. They said it was a prototype crest for the Timbers. Whether that's true, and why they rejected it is a mystery to me. Their real change kit featured both versions of their crest, but I decided to go with just the rose to save on the clutter. I didn't make a third kit because I couldn't come up with anything to improve on what they already have.

C&C, please and thank you.

SC CORINTHIANS PAULISTA

Home Kit

sccphome.png

Change Kit

sccpchange.png

Third Kit

sccpthird.png

This is for a design competition over at Design Football. The design on the home kit is based on the design of their home stadium, the Pacaembu. The pattern on their change kit is inspired by Estação da Luz, a beloved landmark in São Paulo's Bom Retiro district, birthplace of SCCP. The third kit was inspired by the São Paulo State flag, which also appears on the Timão's main crest.

C&C appreciated. You think I stand a chance at this contest?

In honesty I can only see Seattle using the home kit you made. The color combo for the away kit makes it feel like a training kit. Third is pretty goal. Maybe they'll adopt something like that for the third kit next year.

Portland looks nice. As a Sounders supporter, I've always liked the Portland Timbers color scheme, not afraid to admit that

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

These are some great concepts. I’m guessing you use “MS Paint” for these? If so, damn good job. Would’ve been nice in a cleaner format but hey, if this is what you can use, so be it.

My thoughts on most of the US jerseys:

RSL – Good. I’d keep their current intertwined “RSL” without the shield for this one. Really like the colors, especially the all whites.

VFC – Good! Wish the real Cavalry FC would have gone with something like this, but they opted with a shield which is ok--- except for that ribbon over the shield; getting tired of that. I like the logo. Think there should be room for some sabres though. The Cav community loves Sabres and Stetsons J.

DC United – Like the concept logo but not as much as the current. Would put championship stars by shoulder area ala LEON (Liga MX).

CFC- Definite upgrade!! Not sure why I don’t like their current ones. It could be that it’s just a boring navy/red combo which is sprinkled in the MLS here and there but it could also be the blue arch behind sponsor. Your placement of the Quaker logo is interesting and quite nice; Opposite of the traditional layout, nice touch.

Crew- One of my favs! Great job. My favorite thing about this set is the logo. I don’t think the current one is bad, but this one is much better. Like the uni with a sash but would also like to see a break from the one color combo (Shirts/shorts).

Revs- Nice job on the logo. A welcome upgrade from the “grungy” one they have now. Don’t really like the jersey style used but it’s a definite upgrade.

Dynamo- Appreciate the homage and creativity but not diggin it. I like the emphasis on the light blue but the logo, downgrade from current. I dislike the current logo design and feel that it needs to leave that San Jose template (it’s almost exactly the same thing) but this one is a little much. I’d take one of the foreign “Dynamo” Ds

SKC- Again, the homage to the Wizards is great but I’d only use one (the all whites) as an alternate. That one is nice. The “KC” is and SKC “drop” are also a nice touch. Not bad.

TFC- Nice! Like the Gray set a lot. The first logo is pretty nice as well.

Indy- Not a fan. Dislike. I also dislike their NASL choice of logo. Maybe you can use the Indy Eleven for a new set?

LAAztecs- Not bad. Really like the tertiary uniform.

LA Galaxy- Yes. Very Nice! Font and dot design is really cool.

SD- Ok. Not excited on the logo though.

Cosmos- Very nice. Not too much of a change but I will say that that Lady just doesn’t look good on the jerseys.

NYRB- Noooooo! J Leave as is (current). If anything, there should be a “silver” “blue” “red” version to promote their new drinks.

Union- Like their currents more than the concepts.

Colorado- Very nice!! Logo is good, but stripes…even better! Uniforms with no sponsors always looked kinda weird to me but I always gave Colorado a pass. Now I see this and it’s like, yeah, way better with a sponsor.

Vancouver- Awesome! Don’t like the third but the rest is great!

Sounders- Another great one! All those logos you made are an upgrade. I think it’s the lack of black outline which make these logos that much great.

Timbers- Great! Wow, dude you love Cascadia.

Would definitely like to see a total rebranding of San Jose in the future. Their current digs are so hideous, it’s not even funny.

Again man, great job!

These are some great concepts. I’m guessing you use “MS Paint” for these? If so, damn good job. Would’ve been nice in a cleaner format but hey, if this is what you can use, so be it.

My thoughts on most of the US jerseys:

RSL – Good. I’d keep their current intertwined “RSL” without the shield for this one. Really like the colors, especially the all whites.

VFC – Good! Wish the real Cavalry FC would have gone with something like this, but they opted with a shield which is ok--- except for that ribbon over the shield; getting tired of that. I like the logo. Think there should be room for some sabres though. The Cav community loves Sabres and Stetsons J.

DC United – Like the concept logo but not as much as the current. Would put championship stars by shoulder area ala LEON (Liga MX).

CFC- Definite upgrade!! Not sure why I don’t like their current ones. It could be that it’s just a boring navy/red combo which is sprinkled in the MLS here and there but it could also be the blue arch behind sponsor. Your placement of the Quaker logo is interesting and quite nice; Opposite of the traditional layout, nice touch.

Crew- One of my favs! Great job. My favorite thing about this set is the logo. I don’t think the current one is bad, but this one is much better. Like the uni with a sash but would also like to see a break from the one color combo (Shirts/shorts).

Revs- Nice job on the logo. A welcome upgrade from the “grungy” one they have now. Don’t really like the jersey style used but it’s a definite upgrade.

Dynamo- Appreciate the homage and creativity but not diggin it. I like the emphasis on the light blue but the logo, downgrade from current. I dislike the current logo design and feel that it needs to leave that San Jose template (it’s almost exactly the same thing) but this one is a little much. I’d take one of the foreign “Dynamo” Ds

SKC- Again, the homage to the Wizards is great but I’d only use one (the all whites) as an alternate. That one is nice. The “KC” is and SKC “drop” are also a nice touch. Not bad.

TFC- Nice! Like the Gray set a lot. The first logo is pretty nice as well.

Indy- Not a fan. Dislike. I also dislike their NASL choice of logo. Maybe you can use the Indy Eleven for a new set?

LAAztecs- Not bad. Really like the tertiary uniform.

LA Galaxy- Yes. Very Nice! Font and dot design is really cool.

SD- Ok. Not excited on the logo though.

Cosmos- Very nice. Not too much of a change but I will say that that Lady just doesn’t look good on the jerseys.

NYRB- Noooooo! J Leave as is (current). If anything, there should be a “silver” “blue” “red” version to promote their new drinks.

Union- Like their currents more than the concepts.

Colorado- Very nice!! Logo is good, but stripes…even better! Uniforms with no sponsors always looked kinda weird to me but I always gave Colorado a pass. Now I see this and it’s like, yeah, way better with a sponsor.

Vancouver- Awesome! Don’t like the third but the rest is great!

Sounders- Another great one! All those logos you made are an upgrade. I think it’s the lack of black outline which make these logos that much great.

Timbers- Great! Wow, dude you love Cascadia.

Would definitely like to see a total rebranding of San Jose in the future. Their current digs are so hideous, it’s not even funny.

Again man, great job!

Thanks for your input. Yeah, I used Paint for all of these. I keep them in PNG format, so I can always come back and change some things when I need to. That's why everything's all pixel-ly. I'll definately revisit some of these later on, and I was just starting on a San Jose concept, actually.

SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES

Home Kit

sjhome.png

Change Kit

sjchange.png

Third Kit

sjthird.png

For the Quakes, I've been wanting to try a design that implemented Richter lines. That became more of a challenge later on when I make a Richter design that didn't look like I was ripping off Pat Cummings' SJ concept. The crest was heavily inspired by the logo they used in their old NASL days. The red on their kits is the same shade worn by their predecessors. Their third kits are in the old-school red, but is also included in their regular colors to set them apart from the other blue teams in the league.

C&C appreciated. Montreal is next.

Nice! Def an upgrade to their currents. I myself had issues coming up with something without using the word "quakes". Even though I'm not a huge fan of the whole "Quakes" thing, I did imagine any new jersey style having richter lines and definitely a "crack" design of some sort. It would keep the teams "Quake" them without using the whole word. Good touch on those elements, though. I also see you aimed the origin of the crack where SJ is located, very slick. SJ's throwbacks however, as faithful as they are have that nasty logo. I get it but SJs logo size was always an issue. Definitely agree with gray color accent as well. Red is ok heritage-wise but so many teams use it. All in all, very creative in the use of all those elements.

All for-- richter design/crack somewhere in logo.

Against-- NASL design. Use of "Earthquakes", even though you positioned it in a better location than NASL and MLS versions.

We want more!

MONTREAL IMPACT

Home Kit

monhome.png

Change Kit

monchange.png

I just now realized, with Impact out of the way, I have now done every team in the current MLS! Now I just have the fantasy and lower-league clubs left.

For Montreal, I look to the province's rich sports history. The color scheme is based on the Quebec Nordiques, the change kit is inspired by an old Expos uniform, and the crest is reminiscent of a logo the Alouettes once used. Their presenting sponsor is Canadian National Railway, because BMo already sponsors Toronto and I was trying to give each club a different sponsor.

C&C please and thank you.

HOUSTON DYNAMO Revisited

Home Kit

houhome2.png

Change Kit

houchange2.png

Third Kit

houthird2.png

I chose to keep the crest I made since it would go better with the new kits I made. I was going for more of a Raygun-Gothic/Retro-Future look this time around. I already acheived that with the crest, but it didn't go as well with the Rainbow Guts look.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Archived