Why Do Kroger Gas Stations Use a Different Logo?

BlueSky

It all comes from Kwik Shop. It's a convenience store chain in KS, IA, and NE.Sometime Kroger acquired the ownership of Dillion's in the 80's which owned Kwik Shop. In the early 2000's Kwik Shop changed their logo to the one you now see with the different store names. That font was also part of that re brand. I know the original Kroger fuel stations used the grocery store logo. My guess is how cooperations that grow through acquisition. They just pick pocketed brands and logos from other subsidiaries to "stream line" or brand different divisions. Much like the Continental and United merger. Take logo from here, then some font from here and boom instant branding.

I think my parents still have travel mugs with the old indian head logo.

Indian-Head-Sign-first.jpg

These signs (and the stores themselves) are an essential part of my childhood experience. Turkey Hills were my minimarts growing up and received a bulk of my allowance in exchange for Icees (the baseball logo cups which included the team jackets, which I kick myself for ever getting rid of), Slim Jims, and candy. Thanks for the nostalgia trip, Shumway.

Edit: One more note about those cups. They are the genesis of my "logo nerdness" and I can link those cups to my membership of this forum. Damnit, thanks to Google and Ebay, my day is completely shot, lol.

I have a stack of them at my parents' house. Some of them are actually on my bookshelf...I guess that's how I decorate my home.

Hell, are there Turkey Hills in Downingtown? I always stop at Wawa off Bell Tavern. Then again, I pass it going to and from work every day.

Yeah, on Lancaster Ave. near the train station. Its kind of shady, so I avoid it. We go to the one in Thorndale instead since we live on that side of town.

When I went to DHS we used to hang at the Wawa at Penna Ave, but occasionally I'd go to that Turkey Hill on 30.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived