New York Jets Concept

alkatraz2003

I've been reading this forum for many years and recently decided to create some of my own concepts.

New York Jets Logo- As a huge Jets fan I wanted to keep the logo concept similar to current/ previous versions. I always felt that a team named after "jets" should represent a sleek, fast & explosive design/ style. This concept merges the 80s "wing" style logo with the current one. The logo is cleaner and adding a metallic grey secondary color help to produce a sleeker style.

Logo-amp-Wordmark.png

New York Jets Helmet- Added a secondary design including all green helmet with secondary white logo.

Helmet.png

New York Jets Home & Away Uniform- Removed the double shoulder stripe and replaced it with a sleeker "swoosh" style shoulder stripe. Added the "wing" style logo element to both the collar and pants stripping. Added the new motto "Prepare For Takeoff" stitched to the inside of the collar. Added the "NYJ" logo to the back of the pants and moved the Nike swoosh to a more fluid location.

Home-Uniforms.png

Away-Uniforms.png

I love the white helmet and I think it could be the only helmet and be great. I don't love the number font. It's too small, and I think you should stick to white instead of silver on the dark jerseys and maybe keep silver as an accent color only. The updated oval logo is a nice mix of old and new.

mainescarf.png

I love all the details, I think it's a great modernization, but I am not convinced on adding the silver touch.

I usually like metallic accents, but I feel that the Jets are one of those few teams, like the Colts, that should keep it to 2 colours, no black or silver accents...

Great Work, nonetheless...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

There's some serious tension going on in the negative space between the Y and J. Also, the player name really should be a solid colour, what you have now is illegible. Otherwise, I think this is a very solid concept.

rATMcmK.png

First off, great start! As a longtime jets fan, I like where you are trying to go (blending old and new) but I agree with the comments regarding the grey. It needs to go. I just see the Eagles instead of the

Jets. Black is their third color, or at least it was in the past, so that should be used as an outline.

Pants – Perfect! Love the striping... Hope someone pays attention to this when it comes time for the team to do this for real.

Jerseys - Should go back to stripes instead of the swoosh. Font needs to be changes as well. It's modern but it doesn’t blend well with the old/new approach.

Helmet - Love the new logo. Perfect blend of old and new. I think you need to invert the colors on the logo and go with a green helmet with a white facemask and a white/black center stripe.

Alternate - Try a full black jersey with white lettering and a green accent. That (with the green helmet) should satisfy the futuristic urges :-)

Would love to see this whole concept worked on further. Not enough Jets stuff on here.

Good Work!

I wouldn't ditch the silver entirely, though I wouldn't use too much of it here either, cus as everyone else has said, too much silver looks like the classic Eagles. Basically, what you did with the helmet, apply that to the uniform. Good use of silver to make it pop, without dominating. Far as the main logo, I would've modified it a bit, so it looks more like a football, as the original did. Otherwise a good blend of old and new.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. After reading the comments I decided that dropping the silver/grey alternate color was better in the long run. I also changed the font as requested, and I returned to the dual stripe found on their current uniforms. Thank you for your comments.

Home-Uniforms2.png

The update is much better. I love the pants and shoulder striping.

The number font makes the chest logo and the nameplate on the back appear off-center. Maybe a non-italicized font would be a better option. I didn't like it when the Patriots used it all those years ago, either.

I would take this over the current Jets setup as-is right now. Well done.

mainescarf.png

Wonderful update! The shoulder striping is magnificent!

Only thing that I'm not sold on is the italic and the border on the font. At a glance, the border looks almost like another color. Same with the border on the sleeve stripe. I think it’s best to go solid there.

Any chance for a full green helmet with your new logo? Maybe invert the colors on the logo to make it pop on the green helmet? J

Awesome work!

Nice update on the jerseys. The jet streak is very clever as a striping on the jerseys.

I still find the double thin outline around the numbers to be unnecessary and doesn't match the thick simple bold look that the rest of the jersey and helmets have.

On the NYJ logo, the negative space between the Y and J forms a shape similar to the jet, but going straight upward. You could work on that and make the jet more noticeable if you wanted to.

Sorry for the delay. After reading the comments I decided that dropping the silver/grey alternate color was better in the long run. I also changed the font as requested, and I returned to the dual stripe found on their current uniforms. Thank you for your comments.

Home-Uniforms2.png

OK

Just one thing. The airplanes shapes close to the name plates are upside down, Reverse them (airplanes pointing towards the front and brought back to the front, with the tail wing pointing to the middle of the jersey) and you got a winner.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived