Generic tigers concept logo

El Scorcho

I've been working on this logo for a competition on another forum, and i'd love some feedback. I'm using photoshop's vector tools, but I hope to get a copy of illustrator one day.

The competition called for a tiger logo. Tigers are interesting in terms of design, both because of the fairly complex elements of a tiger's head and the fact that a tiger is an incredibly common mascot choice so there are so many different unique tiger logos in world sport today.

Anyway,

tigerheadconcept.png

My two areas of concern at the moment are the lines on the forehead (I don't feel like they don't quite match the rest of the logo but I don't know how to fix them), and the bit where the corner of the eye meets the fur on the side of the face.

The curve up was to make the bridge of the nose, but I do see what you mean, I'll have a play around with it and see what I can get.

The width of the cheeks was to try to make it more imposing, as opposed to thinner faced tigers logos. I think I could probably bring them in a little.

Make his lower jaw/chin bigger. Right now he looks like he's pulling his lower lip back or something.

to make him look more fierce, you could flatten his ears back instead of making them stand up. Also, add some wrinkles on the bridge of his nose.

1176551919lvRDOc.jpg

I see what you mean about the forehead stripes. I think because of the way they slant down his head, they are making him look worried. Maybe break them up more and make them more jagged?

Oh, and I think you need to have some line to differentiate between his nose and the bridge of his nose. It's throwing me off as it is.

Thanks very much for the feedback! I totally remodelled the jaw and the shape of the mouth which has made a massive improvement I think.

I couldn't figure out a way to get the nose separated from the bridge without it looking a bit funny so I left it as it was. I think it looks better proportionally now.

coburg3head.png

• 11 months later...

I've had another play around with this given the Madden competition, but I just read the rules and it's not open to people outside the united states, so I miss out.

Anyway i've tidied up the linework on most of it, improved the shape of the head and ears, fixed the eyes so they work in with the fur and changed the head markings.

I'd love some feedback

U8gnHo2.png

Archived