Teams that just need to change their wordmark or number font

BadSeed84

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rangers NOB and number font are a mess. The sad thing is that if you got rid of the dropshadow and the random bumps on the numbers, it wouldn't be too bad.

Texas+Rangers+Photo+Day+aVIzMl6stu5l.jpg

8553812529_21a9a1be8e_o.jpg

Just trade him to the Yankees. Problem will be solved. B)

Anyone else notice the girl on the far left in the TCU team photo wearing a different jersey?

She's not the only one. Look at the girl between #5 and #11. Different collar. Maybe not all the jerseys had arrived yet. They team ended up ordering new shorts after this (since these shorts used a logo created by Nike, but vetoed by TCU).

The Rangers NOB and number font are a mess. The sad thing is that if you got rid of the dropshadow and the random bumps on the numbers, it wouldn't be too bad.

Texas+Rangers+Photo+Day+aVIzMl6stu5l.jpg

8553812529_21a9a1be8e_o.jpg

Just trade him to the Yankees. Problem will be solved. B)

The Red Sox will never do that. B)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Some number fonts that ought to be ditched:

baseball: Reds, Brewers, Diamondbacks

NFL: Titans, Steelers, Lions, Bengals, Patriots, Seahawks

NBA: Nets, Kings, Wizards, Magic, Rockets

CFL: Stampeders

MLS: the entire MLS (having a league-wide number font is bad, even when it's a decent font like the Premiership; even when it's a great font like the MLL)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

nLUd8rz.png

I've never liked the ripoff Red Sox font for the Mets. It just really doesn't fit with the rest of their identity, IMO. I've always thought a script wordmark would look better.

I've never minded it, but if the Mets were to change they should borrow a style from the Giants:

4810a_lg.jpeg

nLUd8rz.png

I've never liked the ripoff Red Sox font for the Mets. It just really doesn't fit with the rest of their identity, IMO. I've always thought a script wordmark would look better.

Isn't it pretty similar to the font on their hat?

I was just thinking about the Eagles and their horribly outdated font. It may not be the only needed change (maybe the color too) but it would be a great start.

Horribly outdated? It isn't too dissimilar from all the new collegiate fonts coming out.

I'd like to see the Mets road unis to use a font that more closely mimicks the "NY" on the hats. The current one is in the same neighborhood, but in no way identical. A font based on the hat logo would be instantly distinguishable as "Mets."

I'd like to see the Mets road unis to use a font that more closely mimicks the "NY" on the hats. The current one is in the same neighborhood, but in no way identical. A font based on the hat logo would be instantly distinguishable as "Mets."

Not every cap-to-jersey fonts need to be exactly the same. Sometimes fonts need to be tweaked depending on their application. The cap logo is smaller so having 2 letters they need to be thinner and less detailed. The jersey marks can be a little thicker and feature the "thorns", thus why it is as it is. They look perfectly fine together.

4yMays2.jpg

The navy wordmark is plain, boring, and makes them look like the Yankees. Should be red with an outline like their previous roads.

I agree with this 100%. I hated these when I first saw them and hate them more every year. I look at this site every day praying for the day someone breaks the news that the sox are changing their road uniforms. When I see highlites of old games in the world series winning uniforms I ask myself how could the sox think this change was good. We now have the biggest gap between home uniforms (great) and road uniforms (ugly as sin) of any team in sports. Someone help me and just make up a fake thread that the sox are considering a change :-)

Archived