NHL Minimalist Designs

ksupilot

Saw this posted on icethetics:

Segments Design did a minimalist treatment for the NHL logos

http://www.icethetic...-treatment.html

0314-nhl-minimalized.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1363248072471

Some are really good, others I can't really tell who they belong to.

Faves: Devils, Predators, Sabres

Misses: Islanders (a stick and puck? Thought it was a Jets throwback at first, why no lighthouse?), Capitals, Avalanche

70389454.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Misses: Islanders (a stick and puck? Thought it was a Jets throwback at first, why no lighthouse?)

NewYorkIslanderslogo.gif

This is why they went with the stick and puck. Probably would've worked better if they had included the NY.

Personally, I really enjoyed the series. I love minimalism when used for fun things like this. My favorite definitely is the Senators logo.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm not sure why some designs are considered "minimal", i.e., Caps, Stars, Kings, and Oilers; while other designs aren't, i.e., Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, Canadiens, Devils, Penguins, Flames, Leafs, Blues, and Hurricanes.

Took me forever to figure out the third one in the last column was Columbus.

it is odd that its not the Ohio state flag shape. done that way it would instantly read as the CBJs. i mean its almost there, but im not sure if the designer actually has seen the flag

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Detroit Red Wings, sponsored by Target.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I know I'm gonna feel stupid right after someone tells me, but who is the blue and gold guitar pick?

The Preds. They wear something like that on their shoulders, but I don't think many know that, especially casual fans. Took me a bit to get that one.

Completely agree with Gothamite with CBJ's look

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Archived