NFL 2013 by DeFrank: AFC SOUTH 4/12/13

DeFrank

CLICK for Original Divisions:

NFC EAST // AFC EAST // NFC NORTH // AFC NORTH // NFC WEST// AFC WEST // NFC SOUTH // AFC SOUTH

nfl-logo.jpg

In March of 2012, I posted the last team in my NFL Redesign thread. I was overwhelmingly busy, excruciatingly happy, and somewhat tired of the way I made my uniforms. You see, for those who remember and for those who don't, I would post each of my teams as I created the concept. As a result, my thread was littered with different templates, updates, styles, and levels of ability over the span of almost a year and a half. Even at that point, I only had completed around 20 teams. Many of you enjoyed my concepts, and I hope that you will again, because...

In December of 2012, in the long lull of Winter, and not in the same ecstatic state I had been in the previous Spring, I decided that after 9 months away, I wanted to return to my uniforms. I adopted a new template, finally based in the reality of the NFL under Nike. Most importantly, I decided to complete all of the NFL teams before I would begin to post them. Every four days, starting on Friday, March 14th, I will post a new division.

The schedule is as follows:

NFC East: 3/15/13 || AFC East: 3/19/13 || NFC North: 3/23/13 || AFC North: 3/27/13 || NFC West: 3/31/13 || AFC West: 4/4/13 || NFC South: 4/8/13 || AFC South: 4/12/13

I'm really excited, and happy to finally be back to posting on the boards here. I hope that all of you will enjoy, "like", and of course

leave your Comments & Criticisms. See you all below!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent! I've got 6 teams left in my NFL series. I'll need to indulge in some more NFL concepts once I'm done. Usually I complain when people don't post concepts first, but you're a more trusted member. I also remember your skills improving tremendously from one series to the next last year. Can't wait to see what pops up in this thread.

Skins and Eagles look great. For the Giants, maybe make the road numbers blue with a red outline. It just feels a lot like the Texans away to me (unless you're doing something different for them). For the Cowboys, the home and road seem kind of minimalist to me. Maybe move the numbers to the shoulders, and put the star, stripes, or something like that there.

spacer.png

Washington: Very nice concepts, however I really miss the stripes on the helmet.

Phlly: Love the addition of the gray pants

N.Y.Giants: Not sure about the white pants as I have grown accustomed to the gray pants....love the throwback jersey.

Dallas: The color are uniform which is great.

spacer.png

I enjoy how clean these are so, and that's commendable.

They look a bit cookie cutter, though. I get that this division is more classically designed, but 3/4 teams have the exact same road jersey design (colored cuffs).

Favorite is the Giants' red.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I agree Dallas just needs something like some sleeve stripes to finish the look. This is just a personal preference but i think the cowboys would look better in a lighter shade of blue, not quite royal but lighter than navy. The navy looks kinda dull to me.

Skins and Eagles look great. For the Giants, maybe make the road numbers blue with a red outline. It just feels a lot like the Texans away to me (unless you're doing something different for them). For the Cowboys, the home and road seem kind of minimalist to me. Maybe move the numbers to the shoulders, and put the star, stripes, or something like that there.

On the Giants, I went back and forth with the numbers. I felt that there would be a blue overload with blue numbers, especially after their current road uniforms. There is a precedent for the red numbers, and I think it looks more balanced. The Texans will be similar though.

I enjoy how clean these are so, and that's commendable.

They look a bit cookie cutter, though. I get that this division is more classically designed, but 3/4 teams have the exact same road jersey design (colored cuffs).

Favorite is the Giants' red.

Very good point. I think that I struggle with that a lot. I can't say that you'll never find a situation like this again, but I always keep things conservative in the NFC East because as a Redskins fan I know the teams so well.

Dallas seems too bland, try adding some stripes to the sleeves. Other than that, I think you hit the nail on the head, especially with the Giants...that is exactly what they should be wearing.

Only one I'm not quite on board with is Dallas. The home and road jerseys are too bland. Great start. You have great attention to detail with your concepts, which is something these boards usually lack.

For the 'Boys, double stripes (and maybe a star) on the sleeves, move the numbers up to the shoulders and it's perfect.

The other three are spot on.

I may look to updating the Cowgirls. I definitely see how they are minimalist. I thought that their new colors and font would spice it up enough, but I can see now that that probably isn't the case. If I do an update, it will be a little while down the road. I also will update the Eagles at a point because I made a couple of errors. The cuffs of the road uniforms are different, and black socks should be replaced with white on the road jersey.

Another note is that I should reiterate that not every team will se dramatic changes. A couple teams will only get very minor tweaks, more like fixes, to their current set. Some teams have new color schemes that I am very hopeful can break the mold. I always have seen my concepts as a perfection and calibration of the current rather than something totally unique.

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

So talking smack is also part of redsigns now? Cool. I will take on the Redskins soon.

Good to know. I'll be sure to let you know what I think. In the mean time, remember Week 17? What a night.

64021_10200378625134711_277334613_n.jpg

And what week was this?

g011357520111.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

It's one thing to talk smack, but to cheer an injury like that, not cool. Of course, Dallas fans wouldn't really know what it's like to have a quarterback worth a damn. How look has it been since Aikman got his bell rung by LaVar Arrington? 13 years or so?

56hits8.jpg

Archived