2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

Wow. Illinois really showed the country how good of a team they can be. Unfortunately they decided to come out in the second half and show everyone how they managed to lose to Northwestern at home. It was absolutely brutal. I really, really hope that this is the last time we see the team that showed up in the second half. If it's not, Miami is going to roll all over them. Fortunately, this team tends to get up for big games and has played well against non-conference opponents this year. I'm not going to try to predict the outcome because Illinois could win by double digits or lose by 20. Now I need a cool down because that was a lot more stressful than I was hoping and Sunday will probably be the same.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone notice how over hyped the MWC was this year? Guess thats what happens when you have a league of teams with inflated RPI numbers oooops!

Yeah, they did a really good job of scheduling good (but not great) teams in their non-conference schedules and avoiding the real bad teams that drag down the RPI. They definitely gamed the RPI and it paid off getting their teams into the tournament.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Whoever on the CCSLC said, on the Selection Sunday forum, that they were happy where Colorado ended up and felt good about beating Illinois...your pick sucked, and the Illini showed it. Hoping Miami disposes of them for costing me yet another game.

Every year I irrationally pick New Mexico, Georgetown, and Missouri to show up and make some noise. Every year they lose a first or second round game without fail.

I'm never picking them again. These programs will eternally suck balls.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I mean there's upsets and there's upsets.

There hasn't really been a game yet this tournament where I've been stunned as to who won. If Florida Gulf Coast beats Georgetown that will change.

Even if you weren't high on Georgetown, who the hell is Florida Gulf Coast outside of a college that is on the gulf coast of Florida?

Every year I irrationally pick New Mexico, Georgetown, and Missouri to show up and make some noise. Every year they lose a first or second round game without fail.

I'm never picking them again. These programs will eternally suck balls.

Kinda like how I always end up picking the Canucks to win the Western Conference.

Somehow, we always get dragged back into doing it again even after we swear off doing it ever again.

spacer.png

Upset Alert: #15 Florida Gulf Coast leads Georgetown by THIRTEEN mid-way through the 2nd half.

FGCU now leads my 19! Georgetown's gonna need a miracle to get out of this hole.

6uXNWAo.png

These guys did take down Miami this year, though that was before Miami was thought of as an elite team.

Miami's thought of as an "elite team"?

They also lost at home to a 12-18 Lipscomb team.

I have Miami in the elite eight myself, but its more by default then anything else. Put them in the South or the Midwest and I may not have even sent them to the Sweet 16.

There hasn't really been a game yet this tournament where I've been stunned as to who won. If Florida Gulf Coast beats Georgetown that will change.

Even if you weren't high on Georgetown, who the hell is Florida Gulf Coast outside of a college that is on the gulf coast of Florida?

Working for another school in the A-sun this past season, I did see them play in person. Their women's team is great too (for a small school).

Working for another school in the A-sun this past season, I did see them play in person. Their women's team is great too (for a small school).

My hometown school NKU played them tough this year as well. Which is probably the team that your referring to.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Florida Gulf Coast has got to be the most impressive 15-seed I've seen in my lifetime. These guys can definitely hang with Oklahoma or San Diego State and qualify for the Sweet 16, should they hang on against G'Town.

6uXNWAo.png

My hometown school NKU played them tough this year as well. Which is probably the team that your referring to.

Yep (OFF TOPIC) they have Purdue & UNC on the schedule next year. And hopefully a non-conference home game.

Down goes Georgetown and a very impressive win for FGCU! They didn't just win a close game, but they beat them by double digits. This is a bigger upset than the Norfolk State-Missouri game last year and this team could actually make it to the Sweet 16. I'm impressed with the brand that FGCU plays on the floor and the future looks very bright for them.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived