2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

No mid major has a chance to beat Micgigan State at home, they are too well coached.

There's only been two years under Tom Izzo where Michigan State won at least 20 games and failed to advance to the sweet 16.

Rarely do they disappoint in March.

Is why they were my pick to win it all.

Battle tested in the best conference in the NCAA this year, and have Izzo at the helm ... I like my odds there.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitt is no longer short for Pittsburgh its now short for pithetic

Pretty much the polar opposite with Jamie Dixon at Pitt.

Only the second year where they have failed to win 25 games under Dixon, but only three times have they gone to the sweet sixteen in eight appearances and only once have made it to the Elite Eight.

I'd like to see this Pitt team beat Gonzaga like so many people think they are capable of...

Well losing to Witchita State means they wont even see the Zags. In my bracket I picked Pitt to beat Gonzaga :wacko:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I had Saint Louis and Wichita State. Go me!

And the first of the Big East defectors goes down. May that not be the last.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Didn't think Marquette had that much heart.

Not that I didn't think they were playing with any earlier (making a lot more mental errors then effort ones), but to close out the game the way they did was impressive.

Really feel bad for Davidson. They did everything needed to win that game but score more points then the other team.

Meanwhile, the Zags are in a much-too-close game with Southern. Could this finally be the year a 16 knocks off a 1, destroying a billion brackets in the process?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Really feel bad for Davidson. They did everything needed to win that game but score more points then the other team.

Kinda reminds me of the Indiana-Michigan game to end the regular season.

But thank God for the Marquette comeback, for my bracket's sake. Amazing that they went 3-for-3 in the perimeter in the last 90 seconds. And this tournament is a "game of inches" for the last Davison turnover.

Wow, a really good game between Gonzaga and Southern. I don't want Zaga to lose because I have them going to the Final Four, but watching a 16 seed topple number 1 would be really cool. A Gonzaga loss would really open things up for the rest of that bracket.

Upsets > bracket, 99.9% of the time. The 0.1% is when your team is playing. And even then, it's really not even your bracket that you're cheering for.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

No mid major has a chance to beat Micgigan State at home, they are too well coached.

There's only been two years under Tom Izzo where Michigan State won at least 20 games and failed to advance to the sweet 16.

Rarely do they disappoint in March.

Unless they did so in the last few years and I just don't remember it......Michigan State has never been the victim of an upset (seeding-wise) under Izzo.

Why do people still expect Pitt to do well in the tournament?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived