2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

Another NCAA tournament. Another New Mexico bed crapping.

I picked them to go to the final four.

7f8.gif

My roommate filled out my bracket because I watched almost no college basketball this year and I picked New Mexico in the final four as well.

I was also a MAC homer and requested him pick Akron who is kind of like the Bad Luck Brian of college basketball teams this year. Makes tournament - gets flu. Way to represent the MAC, zips :rolleyes:

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another NCAA tournament. Another New Mexico bed crapping.

I picked them to go to the final four.

7f8.gif

So did I. Other than Colorado State, the Mountain West has embarrassed themselves so far in the tournament.

Aaaaand now Colorado State is starting to choke. Awesome.

I did as well for one of my brackets.... and I'm mad Akron lost.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

God damn you New Mexico. You guys can kiss the darkest part of my a## for your performance.

After Davidson nearly beat Marquette in a 14/3 earlier today, and now Harvard beating New Mexico in a 14/3...

Florida better be prepared come 7:30 tomorrow night.

Knowing the way the Gators blew games during the year, I just picked Florida to lose in their first game.

I admittedly haven't watched much of Florida this year, but it seems like they've handled teams like Northwestern State very well this season. If they repeat the problems they had in the regular season, I could see them blowing a lead to Minnesota or UCLA next round.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

*checks Wisconsin-Mississippi halftime stats*

Bo Ryan should be banned from the game of college basketball.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll take Bo Ryan's boring, methodical offense over an asshat like Marshall Henderson any day.

We'll call it a tie. Ryan is an asshat who routinely sets the game of basketball back decades.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wisky beats Michigan and Indiana on back to back days in the Big Ten Tournament, looking impressive en route to going to the Tourney, and then lay an egg and become the third #5 seed to drop their opening game in this Tourney.

That's a damn shame. And it means more Marshall Henderson, too, which is really cruel punishment.

spacer.png

Wisconsin can't hit a thing to end this game. Henderson and Ole Miss get to move on. At least people won't have to look at Bruesewitz anymore. He's got to be the ugliest guy in college basketball.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So my West Region is totally F'ed.

Anyways, third 12 seed to win and they're not even true 12 seeds. Oregon played like top team most of this year, Cal is respectable and Ole Miss won the SEC Tournament (albeit an awful year for that conference)

Harvard is the one big one right now. I really like La Salle, Minnesota and maybe Northwestern State to cause some havoc later on today, but probably nothing will happen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So yeah, Bucky's about to lose to a lower-seeded team in the dance AGAIN in a game where they likely won't crack 50. pmoehrin, please take your "Bo Ryan is a latter day basketball genius" schtick and shove it. He's not a genius, he's Jamie Dixon with the disposition of a gouty water buffalo.

EDIT-Sucks to be all of y'alls. I had Bucky crashing out against K-State next round.

Today, we are all otaku.

It's been said a million times before, but I'm going to say it again.

I hate the generic courts. I miss the old days when a game would be played at the Frank Erwin Center and all you would see is Orange. Obviously take away large school branding but at least keep the baseline colour and court type.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's been said a million times before, but I'm going to say it again.

I hate the generic courts. I miss the old days when a game would be played at the Frank Erwin Center and all you would see is Orange. Obviously take away large school branding but at least keep the baseline colour and court type.

All you'll see at the Frank Erwin Center later this afternoon will be orange. ;)

I'm actually one of the few that likes the standardized courts. It seemed so minor league to see Deron Williams hitting that three against Arizona with a giant Blue Demon taking up half the court. Or that buzzer-beater in Boise way back with the weird paint job they had on their court at the time.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So yeah, Bucky's about to lose to a lower-seeded team in the dance AGAIN in a game where they likely won't crack 50. pmoehrin, please take your "Bo Ryan is a latter day basketball genius" schtick and shove it. He's not a genius, he's Jamie Dixon with the disposition of a gouty water buffalo.

EDIT-Sucks to be all of y'alls. I had Bucky crashing out against K-State next round.

And THIS is why I usually NEVER pick the B1G. I bought into the Bucky hype and this is what it gets me...one of my Elite Eight down the dumper.

Happy birthday, indeed!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived