New UConn Logo

Cujo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

While I think Frazier does excellent work, I think that Nike rebranding all of these schools (I'm sure there are more coming down the line) isn't necessarily the best direction for college sports. Seems as though they have begun the process of monopolizing sports design, much the way 2 or 3 firms did in the late 90's. Eventually these are all going to fall into the same look as those in the late 90's did when SME and Rickabaugh did every logo in college. Coincidentally, they are the same schools that are getting new looks now, again. We've already seen backlashes from some schools (TCU, etc.).

Variety is a good thing. Again, not criticizing the work, per se, just don't think it's a good, strategic road to go down to have one person or firm servicing everyone.

Variety is a good thing. Again, not criticizing the work, per se, just don't think it's a good, strategic road to go down to have one person or firm servicing everyone.

I believe you just called Fraser a whore.

While I think Frazier does excellent work, I think that Nike rebranding all of these schools (I'm sure there are more coming down the line) isn't necessarily the best direction for college sports. Seems as though they have begun the process of monopolizing sports design, much the way 2 or 3 firms did in the late 90's. Eventually these are all going to fall into the same look as those in the late 90's did when SME and Rickabaugh did every logo in college. Coincidentally, they are the same schools that are getting new looks now, again. We've already seen backlashes from some schools (TCU, etc.).

I feel the same way about a lot of those logos. It seems like a lot of schools are going this route instead of a classic logo that will stay around forever which is what I think is better for colleges. Most of them are upgrades, but will probably be updated relatively shortly. But I think the UConn logo has a bit more staying power than the Oregon State or TCU (where they backed away from the logo before even using it.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived