New UConn Logo

Cujo

This logo is a humongous downgrade. Who didn't like the old huskie? That thing was fantastic!

It really wasn't. Not even a husky, and a cutesy, cartoonish, overly-detailed, ugly excuse for a logo to boot.

But it was unique! Now it looks like generic slop; a boring cousin to the abandoned Nordiques concept.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This logo is a humongous downgrade. Who didn't like the old huskie? That thing was fantastic!

It really wasn't. Not even a husky, and a cutesy, cartoonish, overly-detailed, ugly excuse for a logo to boot.

But it was unique! Now it looks like generic slop; a boring cousin to the abandoned Nordiques concept.

Unique in its inaccuracy!! I've look at all the other logos that this has been compared to and while they are similar in the fact that they are front facing that is where the similarity ends -most of the wolf logos show ragged hair this husky is neatly groomed like it should- most of the other husky logos it was compared too are authentic picture captures and not a streamlined "logo".

I've always thought that the football team got it right when they chose to switch to the much cleaner and more appropriate combo of navy, white, and silver trim. You simply don't find any red in anywhere other than with the sports teams. The school uses navy, white, and silver/grey in their brand all over campus and all over their media. They honestly need to rid themselves of the stupid red accent color with the sports program. As a UConn alum I can honestly say that I own a ton of Husky swag, but my favorites are the ones that are void of any red. I like the new logo, I LOVE the new font, but I hate the red. GET RID OF THE RED!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

574x340xfeatured2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ekWP52cAJh.jpg

Anyone notice the subliminal husky on the soccer uni? Suprised there isn't more of that in the set.

There is, not quite subliminal, however. The back of the basketball uniforms have them as part of the Hyper Elite graphics:

New-UConn-Basketball-Uniforms-Away-2.jpg

...and of course, can't forget the helmets:

BIJyHFoCQAA2G5A-594x445.jpg

I own purebred Huskies. The new logo makes me think of my dogs. The old one sure didn't. So I guess...mission accomplished. I agree a little with the "kind of generic" style but I think it is really sharp and well-done. I actually love it with the red outline, I think it adds some punch and I like the red with the light blue eyes. If anything, the red is what helps it stand out as UCONN brand as we have come to know it.

Anyone notice the subliminal husky on the soccer uni? Suprised there isn't more of that in the set.

Think that's the keeper in the gray kit, the regular soccer jersey is on the guy standing next to the hockey player

My guess is that one of them is the home kit, the other is the away kit.

gYH2mW9.png

I will admit that I composed it very quickly and without too much attention to detail. That being said I still believe that its a lost cause. Sounds good in theory, but doesn't seem to work when it is all said and done IMO. I still prefer the helmet they had before; it was classy and well done.

A student at UCONN has come out against the logo saying that its intimidating nature promotes rape...Is it me or is that just a bit ridiculous? It's just a (characterless and entirely generic) cartoon drawing of a dog's face.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

A student at UCONN has come out against the logo saying that its intimidating nature promotes rape...Is it me or is that just a bit ridiculous? It's just a (characterless and entirely generic) cartoon drawing of a dog's face.

Because there is a direct correlation between more intimidating sports logos and sexual assault? By that definition, there should never be a single rape in the entire history of UC Santa Cruz. Someone missed a statistics class.
galaxy.png

Because there is a direct correlation between more intimidating sports logos and sexual assault? By that definition, there should never be a single rape in the entire history of UC Santa Cruz. Someone missed a statistics class.

I went to UConn back in the 90's and I was shocked back then at how many idiots were getting caught up in their own pretentious, angst filled, and totally baseless arguments. We heard these types of arguments about anything and everything back then and it was just mind numbing at how hard these dummies were working in trying to promote their own ridiculous point of view. Seems like nothing has changed. How sad.

Think that's the keeper in the gray kit, the regular soccer jersey is on the guy standing next to the hockey player

My guess is that one of them is the home kit, the other is the away kit.

The gray subliminal jersey is definitely the keeper kit. The blue is the change strip. UConn wears all white at home. Always.

I went to UConn back in the 90's and I was shocked back then at how many idiots were getting caught up in their own pretentious, angst filled, and totally baseless arguments. We heard these types of arguments about anything and everything back then and it was just mind numbing at how hard these dummies were working in trying to promote their own ridiculous point of view. Seems like nothing has changed. How sad.

I hear you, though I think part of that might be the point of college. Granted my only experience in that is early-aughts UC Berkeley, which was home to its own pretentious group with baseless arguments and such, but still.

For what its worth, at least your guys' new secondary mark doesn't look like a crying bear. I cannot unsee it now.

galaxy.png

Archived