New UConn Logo

Cujo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Variety is a good thing. Again, not criticizing the work, per se, just don't think it's a good, strategic road to go down to have one person or firm servicing everyone.

I believe you just called Fraser a whore.

if thats the case, then i'd whore the :censored: out myself too if i had his opportunities.

i'd like to do a college mark myself, but if theres nothing there because its a monopoly then so be it. the work that's being done is overall very good. i care more about what's being produced then opportunities for myself. (theres more opportunities outside of college sports design). if it gets to a point where everything needs to be designed again in 10-15 years then so what? more work! most brands change their logo after some time, its ok to do so

keep up the good work FD

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That's a really nice logo actually, not at all what I was expecting. However I do agree with GnG510 in that removing red would be a big upgrade for UCONN. Also, is that a very light powder blue in the husky's eyes? That would be an interesting addition to the color scheme.

spacer.png

Wish UConn would get rid of red. Navy and white with silver accents is perfect

I can't disagree more with this. I'm glad the grey/silver is gone. It was a dumb change to begin with, and I'm glad Fraser corrected that injustice.

And yes, that is a light blue in the eyes. Nice touch.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Wish UConn would get rid of red. Navy and white with silver accents is perfect

I can't disagree more with this. I'm glad the grey/silver is gone. It was a dumb change to begin with, and I'm glad Fraser corrected that injustice.

And yes, that is a light blue in the eyes. Nice touch.

I'll throw in a third opinion. My preferred look for UConn would be navy and gray with just a little red.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This is a much needed improvement over the old logo. If only they redo the Louisville logo (Adidas stinks anyway).

What's wrong with Louisville's logo? That's one of the all time classics, and it's still distinctive among the similar styles we're accustomed to seeing lately.

The UConn illustration is great. First one of these Nike rebrands with which I've been totally on board. I guess I'll have to wait for the uniforms to pass final judgment, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is a much needed improvement over the old logo. If only they redo the Louisville logo (Adidas stinks anyway).

What's wrong with Louisville's logo? That's one of the all time classics, and it's still distinctive among the similar styles we're accustomed to seeing lately.

You're joking right? All time classic? It's a bird with teeth for crying out loud. Last time I checked Cardinals don't have teeth. And human teeth on top of it.

Where are all the concepts where people change one thing and say "their" logo is much better than the original?

There are none because that's pretty much a perfect logo. What I would give to have 1/10 of Fraser's talent. Bravo.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

You're joking right? All time classic? It's a bird with teeth for crying out loud. Last time I checked Cardinals don't have teeth. And human teeth on top of it.

Not a joke at all. The fact that it's been around for 30 years is a good indicator that something's unique and it's stood the test of time, conceptually. Last time I checked, lions aren't blue and penguins can't skate, either. These logos are fun. That's what makes them classics and it's also what makes them distinctive. It's nice to have a break from the hyper-realistic and overly intimidating logos that have flooded the scene.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not a joke at all. The fact that it's been around for 30 years is a good indicator that something's unique and it's stood the test of time, conceptually. Last time I checked, lions aren't blue and penguins can't skate, either. These logos are fun. That's what makes them classics and it's also what makes them distinctive. It's nice to have a break from the hyper-realistic and overly intimidating logos that have flooded the scene.

There's a difference between a blue lion or skating penguin and a cardinal with human teeth. Blue lion is the color of the team and the skating penguin shows something with the sport. I'm not knocking cartoon logos because I love them (old Bucks logo and Orioles logo for example) but there's something about a bird with human teeth that just looks beyond stupid to me. To each their own maybe my view just belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread.

Where are all the concepts where people change one thing and say "their" logo is much better than the original?

Oh! Me me me me!

9zNPaa0.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Well when there is no obvious flaws with the logo its hard to make it better.

I mean its the King of Logo making here the main reason I have 800 plus posts is his work.

Archived