College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

Gray alternates are so 2011.

Only a few teams can pull it off. Memphis is not one of them.

They're one of the few teams wearing gray alternates who have it as a school color so I'm okay with it. Even though gray jerseys in general kind of suck.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're one of the few teams wearing gray alternates who have it as a school color so I'm okay with it. Even though gray jerseys in general kind of suck.

Georgetown, Ohio State, Washington State, Georgia, Providence and Texas look good in them. Aside from those six I haven't seen a grey alt I thought looked nearly as good as the team's home white or road dark.

What year did they start allowing the manufacturer logos on the tops?

Must've been quite a few seasons ago now.
My guess is '09 or '10?

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Georgetown, Ohio State, Washington State, Georgia, Providence and Texas look good in them. Aside from those six I haven't seen a grey alt I thought looked nearly as good as the team's home white or road dark.

So let me get this straight. You think Texas looks good wearing the gray jerseys, even though gray is NOT or never was one of their school colors. But yet, you do not think Memphis looks good in gray even though gray is one of their school colors. I do not understand the reason for why you think that. But it is a message board, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I think there is a lot of people tend to disagree about your reasoning for Texas looking good in gray. Personally, I do not think Texas looks good in gray at all, and hopefully they will get rid of the alternate gray if they haven't already.

So let me get this straight. You think Texas looks good wearing the gray jerseys, even though gray is NOT or never was one of their school colors. But yet, you do not think Memphis looks good in gray even though gray is one of their school colors. I do not understand the reason for why you think that. But it is a message board, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I think there is a lot of people tend to disagree about your reasoning for Texas looking good in gray. Personally, I do not think Texas looks good in gray at all, and hopefully they will get rid of the alternate gray if they haven't already.

That's the problem when you have colors like Texas. Any alternates will be either GFGS or BFBS.

That's the problem when you have colors like Texas. Any alternates will be either GFGS or BFBS.

I don't think Texas' grays look better than their home whites, but Texas was wearing silver/gray alts for big games a couple of decades before it became cool to do so. I grandfather them in for that, but again don't think it actually looks better than their other unis or particularly good.

Memphis should just stick with gray jerseys for their home games and blue jerseys for their road games. Black jerseys? That really isn't Memphis identity, and besides I am sick and tired of seeing teams (football or basketball) wearing black jerseys when their primary color isn't black.

This. I hate it when teams with beautiful, under-utilized colors like Memphis insist on bringing black into the picture.

Memphis should just stick with gray jerseys for their home games and blue jerseys for their road games. Black jerseys? That really isn't Memphis identity, and besides I am sick and tired of seeing teams (football or basketball) wearing black jerseys when their primary color isn't black.

This. I hate it when teams with beautiful, under-utilized colors like Memphis insist on bringing black into the picture.

I agree with you that it sucks, but to call royal blue underutilized is a bit much.

New Mexico released their new unis and they are downright awful

post-5407-0-13565000-1382568552.jpg

Front:

post-5407-0-71659800-1382568573.jpg

What was wrong with their last set???

I wonder if cherry is still New Mexico's primary color. You do not see college (or pro) teams have cherry as their color. Temple is the only other one I can think of, and their colors stand out more.

But according to these pictures, it looks more scarlet than cherry, but it could also be the lighting from those photos.

Archived