College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure am. Ok, the overall design on these alternates is better. But c'mon they're turquoise. Why?

At least the nba uni's are actually in their colors. Gotta give em that.

Just for example, from my perspective and the teams I follow, there's a 0% chance I'd buy a turquoise WVU jersey. There's at least a 5% chance I'd buy a properly colored Wizards Christmas jersey. (Hah, Wiz playing on Christmas?? Good joke!)

90758391980.gif

Sure am. Ok, the overall design on these alternates is better. But c'mon they're turquoise. Why?

At least the nba uni's are actually in their colors. Gotta give em that.

Just for example, from my perspective and the teams I follow, there's a 0% chance I'd buy a turquoise WVU jersey. There's at least a 5% chance I'd buy a properly colored Wizards Christmas jersey. (Hah, Wiz playing on Christmas?? Good joke!)

the turquoise is just like camo/stars&stripes/pink additions to jerseys.

Why turquoise? New Mexico Athletics explained in a press release:

The turquoise color is deeply symbolic of friendship and community in Native American culture, reflecting the support of four schools to elevate the power of sport both inside and outside Native communities.

I like them a lot. Like the cause. Like the use of the color. The turquoise is striking, granted this is probably what I was saying about camo jerseys 10 years ago, but I like it.

and 4million times better than a monochrome logo slapped on the front of a t-shirt, then call it a jersey... IMO

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

In my humble little opinion, these are worse than the 2013 NBA Christmas uniforms. I'll take those any day over these.

You serious, Clark?

XMAS-JSAY.png

Those remind me of the late '90s Champion shooting shirts...these "jerseys" look nearly identical.

• 2 weeks later...

Go home FAU...you're drunk.

maxresdefault.jpg

It would have been fine if they'd just used this on the chest:

20864d1374506361-new-big-12-logo-fau_log

Then they could have used the whole logo on the shorts.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Having this:

20864d1374506361-new-big-12-logo-fau_log

shape helps the whole uniform....

This right here would be one of them few times a logo could work as the primary mark on a basketball jersey. It's got the arched look of a lot of college basketball uniforms and everything. The whole owl+wordmark logo thing doesn't really work though.

Watched Milwaukee take on UMKC last night, and I have to wonder if they're trying to usurp the title of Division 1's biggest branding nightmare from us.

First of all, THIS is their floor.....

FGSUWUAMXJRLLUP.20121002203847.jpg

Secondly, their official colors are royal blue and athletic gold, but they were wearing dark grey uniforms with blue wordmarks and colors... absolutely no gold anywhere on it. The dark grey and royal blue only had a small white outline between them, and it looked like a mess.

Thirdly, the jerseys said "KANSAS CITY" on them, because apparently that's what they want to be known as now. Yet all of their arena markings said UMKC.

Frankly, I'd just as soon all hyphenated schools just get their own names and end this madness once and for all, but politics and such......

Archived