Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to my eyes Max Hall sure looked a lot more comfortable and confident at QB than Goltz did. But still, what a mess. I don't think I've ever seen the Bombers in this kind of disarray and that's saying something. Not even the Jeff Reinebold and Mike Kelly eras felt like things were spinning this badly out of control.

What's sad about this is that there is so much fan goodwill in Winnipeg, and it's getting destroyed by the utter ineptitude of the team since the 2011 Grey Cup. And honestly, who can blame the fans? There are bad teams and then there are the complete gong shows like the 2013 Blue Bombers.

If this keeps up for much longer it's really going to set the franchise back. Wade Miller needs to stop the bleeding ASAP.

I don't care if the East sucks, the Bombers probably won't be making the playoffs this year. Fast forward to next year, the Bombers return West, where all four teams out here (minus Edmonton maybe) are pretty damn good. So just like Ottawa, we'll need a coach and a Quarterback, cause essentially we're starting scratch next year.

The future QB is not on the roster, just saying. As much as Goltz and Hall should be given the right to prove they are, somebody can't be protected. I say Pierce is that guy, they have to go see what they can do with one of the backups that won't be taken by Ottawa, or maybe some big name NFL castoff will find his way up here. They need a leader, they need a guy that can win and stay healthy, but wouldn't everyone.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hey Winnipeg, want Zach Collaros? You can have him for free. No? We'll pay you. Please.

Do you never want the Bombers to win at home ever?

Anyway, you know how they say only bet on a sure thing. How about we each bet 500* on the Stamps tomorrow.

*Belarussian Rubles, roughly 12 cents CAD

Collaros should be fine--if he gets reps in practicehw'll do better.

On the other hand--I love it when the Stamps win!

(well my username ain't Argoman)

And they did it with so many injuries.

So I am happy tonight.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

One thing I'm wondering about:

Looking at the Blue Jays' 2013 schedule, and comparing it to the Argonauts', I notice that the Jays finish a series at home against KC on Sep. 1, and are actually away (vs Arizona) on Canadian Labour Day this year (Sep. 2). Despite this, the Argos have a game scheduled against the Als, on Tuesday, Sep. 3, instead of Labour Day Monday.

Why exactly could they not have scheduled Hamilton for Labour Day this year?

Further to this: In lieu of finding financing for a totally new Canadian/American football stadium in Toronto for the Argonauts/Bills/whoever, I feel like the Argos should have better negotiating power for which home dates they can get at the Dome. It's just 9 dates, compared to 81 for the Jays. Surely they could have 9 weekend dates (alright, 8 weekend dates plus Labour Day Monday) booked every year to use as home dates. Make it 3 Friday nights, 3 Saturdays, and 2 Sunday matinees, plus Labour Day Monday.

It seems simple to me.

It takes two days to convert the Dome from baseball to football.

And the Jays have made it very clear that they want grass ASAP. They want the Argos to move on, and so do the Argos. The SkyDome is just not a football stadium. The atmosphere isn't that good in such a giant stadium and it leads to said scheduling conflicts which Rogers probably couldn't give less of a crap about.

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I've been to an Argos game in that dome. When only 12-15k people give a crap at any time to make it there, it's frickin' cavernous, and the general atmosphere is terrible.

It doesn't help that the game I went to, SkyDome was barred from selling any booze due to various liquor law violations (selling to minors), meaning the crowd was subdued to begin with.

It wasn't an experience I'd wish on anyone, frankly, but I've been spoiled by going to Bomber games where there are 29,000 drunken, boisterous fans giving the gears to Paul McCallum every time he gets near a kicking tee.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It takes two days to convert the Dome from baseball to football.

-BigBubba

Can't be that hard in the short term, can it? Here's 41 Jays home games mixed with 9 Argos home games - only 6 of which occur while the baseball season runs.

ROGERSCENTREFAIRSCHEDULINGBETWEENBLUEJAY

Good god, I hate this whole home/road helmet thing that Calgary, Edmonton and Saskatchewan have going on.

Green Eskies helmets are wrong in every way.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I know, eh? Black helmets for Calgary are especially fugly. Leave those for the REDBLECHS.

That's what I'm hoping.

Although I kind of like the Riders' white helmets.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived