Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch the games (CFL vs. NFL games? Sorry Canada), but I see the two teams that had bye weeks in the "divisional round"* lost this week at home?

Seems like NFL parity syndrome is a problem up there as well.

*don't know what you guys call the first round, so I'm just using the NFL equivalent.

If they didn't both lose, it would just be a rematch of the 100th Grey Cup. Sorry, but my two least favorite teams in the Grey Cup? I'd take the Riders and Ti-Cats over that any day.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Capper, I need to ask you something aloud (apologies if you've discussed this before):

I was just doing some reading about the Baltimore Stallions, which also led to some reading about the Montreal Alouettes. Based on your opinion about the Browns and the "Cleveland Deal", I have to imagine that whole debate is right up your alley, with regards to the Alouettes and their "history".

spacer.png

I'm ok with it because neither of the original Alouettes teams still exist. So when the Baltimore Stallions moved to Montreal and took the Montreal Alouettes name they weren't stealing a lineage from another franchise that was still playing. If either the Alouettes or the Concrods/Alouettes had relocated instead of folded and were still playing when Baltimore moved to Montreal, then I would have a problem with them using the Alouettes name.

All of Hamilton is ready to explode if the Cats win tonight. I even made a video with our Junior A team:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152113353235864

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived