Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gear grinder: Getting a day off from my new job (sitting in a shack buying blueberries to turn them around for a profit), but not being able to enjoy the night off and watch the late Toronto-BC game due to an early morning interview. :angered:

It's for a full-time permanent position, though - something I've been wanting for 3+ years now.

Gear grinder: Getting a day off from my new job (sitting in a shack buying blueberries to turn them around for a profit), but not being able to enjoy the night off and watch the late Toronto-BC game due to an early morning interview. :angered:

It's for a full-time permanent position, though - something I've been wanting for 3+ years now.

Sorry man but Full time job >>>>>>> The game.

Speaking of which, where are you located? US or Canada, because it's on ESPN3 Replay in the US.

Agreed that a job is more important than the game. End result (Lions win) was not worth me making the choice to watch it, so I'm glad I didn't stay up for it. And I agree that collecting picked berries is worse-than-awful, but the job I got interviewed for today sounds a helluva a lot better: marketing for an engineering firm.

Anyway, on to Week 3!

Late comment, but the 1st quarter in the Eskies game was great... and Jesus Christ it was POURING in Guelph. Just running around in puddles.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The new Hamilton Stadium will be named Tim Horton's Field. Fitting.

At least David Braley didn't get his name on it after snapping up both the McMaster AND Mohawk Athletic Centres

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The new Hamilton Stadium will be named Tim Horton's Field. Fitting.

At least David Braley didn't get his name on it after snapping up both the McMaster AND Mohawk Athletic Centres

Finally had Tim Hortons for the first time a few weeks ago. Can't say I was all that impressed.

Tim Horton's coffee is our equivalent to a McD's cheeseburger. Pumped-out swill (probably laced with nicotine) designed to engage the masses in something considered to be Canadiana. If you want proof, look at any Tim Horton's outlet in Sudbury in the hours before work. Lines halfway down the street. It's sad what addictions we have.

But ehh...Argos game stunk. Glad I was at karaoke last night instead.

Tim Horton's coffee is our equivalent to a McD's cheeseburger. Pumped-out swill (probably laced with nicotine) designed to engage the masses in something considered to be Canadiana. If you want proof, look at any Tim Horton's outlet in Sudbury in the hours before work. Lines halfway down the street. It's sad what addictions we have.

But ehh...Argos game stunk. Glad I was at karaoke last night instead.

Could be worse. America runs on Dunkin (California and the west coast excepted of course)... and quite frankly their coffee blows too. Their donuts aren't half bad if you're there early enough in the morning, but otherwise they degrade quickly.

1073233_10151809692362494_1140899832_o.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Today, after the Alouette-Stamps game, the Roughriders were crowned Grey Cup champs. Hear me out:

Saskatchewan is the Condorcet winner (meaning they would win in a knockout tournament).

All teams have lost to a team that has directly or indirectly lost to Saskatchewan. Why play the rest of the regular season or have a knockout playoff if a champion based on those methods can be determined right now?

Please convince me that the rest of the season is not arbitrary.

Because teams that lose to teams who've already lost to a team like Saskatchewan regularly beat teams like Saskatchewan.

Soon or later the Green Riders will have their banjos busted with a loss.. time will tell if Saskatchewan will be going to the Grey Cup game in their own home in November or not????

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Today, after the Alouette-Stamps game, the Roughriders were crowned Grey Cup champs. Hear me out:

Saskatchewan is the Condorcet winner (meaning they would win in a knockout tournament).

All teams have lost to a team that has directly or indirectly lost to Saskatchewan. Why play the rest of the regular season or have a knockout playoff if a champion based on those methods can be determined right now?

tumblr_m9x2mxzAhq1ql07zs.gif

Do you not know how sports work?

You're saying that just because the Riders are 3-0 after three games in an 18-game season, we should award them the Grey Cup and forget about the last 15 games of the season where the Riders could end up with a 3-15 final record.

IbjBaeE.png

Because last year the Riders started 3-0 and then went 5-10 to finish the season, and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

that's why...

I don't think they'll go 5-10 again--but there's a lot of football left to play.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

To answer your questions.

1) Saskatchewan and Winnipeg are separated because there are three teams out west and three out east with two in the middle. The two in the middle have to be split up to ensure even divisions. The border that splits East and West right now in the CFL is the Saskatchewan-Manitoba border.

2) 75% percent or teams make it because of the 4-team divisions and how the playoffs need to schedule out. The top teams get byes while the 2nd and 3rd play each other unless there is a crossover.

3) Once the playoffs start, the standings don't matter. Any team that makes the playoffs can win the Grey Cup.

4) I don't see what you are getting at when you ask why the Argos were able to play the Stampeders in the finals if the Stampeders played the Roughriders in week 4

5) Having 2 divisions of 3 teams and 1 division of 2 teams doesn't make sense. And then having 3 divisions of 2 teams plus 1 with 3 teams the year after with the addition of the REDBLACKS (RedBlacks? Redblacks?) makes even less sense.

6) I also don't get what you mean by saying having an East-West line is more important then the Grey Cup.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived