Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

Back to football..

Just read a wrinkle on the REDBLECHS expansion draft, Non-Imports are going to be a huge factor and who can get protected. Using the Riders as an example if Ottawa takes Drew Willy in the first round the Riders are able to protect 8 Non-Imports, as opposed to 6 if they don't. Considering the Riders calling card since the Tillman years has been Canadian depth, especially at the O-line, one could argue it might be in the Riders best interest to lose Willy.

One would assume that Taman would protect Labatte, Picard, Henaan, and Best, and if you wonder why look at Sheet's numbers so far. Which means if Willy isnt picked he can only protect 2 of Getzlaf, Bagg, Sisco, Shologan, Woldu, Butler, Foley, Milo, their 2013 first rounder Watman, etc.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Riders are going to lose 3 Non-Imports and probably 2 of them will be starters

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Bombers are batiling the injury bug. Recivers Terrence Edwards, Cory Watson, and Chris Mathews are unlikley to play Friday. Also Tyrone Parker, Desia Dunn and Bryant Turner are out on defence. Seems like the Bombers need to use Chad Simpson more??? (btw Watson got hurt in practice today)

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Well, the Bombers are batiling the injury bug. Recivers Terrence Edwards, Cory Watson, and Chris Mathews are unlikley to play Friday. Also Tyrone Parker, Desia Dunn and Bryant Turner are out on defence. Seems like the Bombers need to use Chad Simpson more??? (btw Watson got hurt in practice today)

The last play of practise when he got pushed out of bounds by the safety...

www.pifflespodcast.com

Back to football..

Just read a wrinkle on the REDBLECHS expansion draft, Non-Imports are going to be a huge factor and who can get protected. Using the Riders as an example if Ottawa takes Drew Willy in the first round the Riders are able to protect 8 Non-Imports, as opposed to 6 if they don't. Considering the Riders calling card since the Tillman years has been Canadian depth, especially at the O-line, one could argue it might be in the Riders best interest to lose Willy.

One would assume that Taman would protect Labatte, Picard, Henaan, and Best, and if you wonder why look at Sheet's numbers so far. Which means if Willy isnt picked he can only protect 2 of Getzlaf, Bagg, Sisco, Shologan, Woldu, Butler, Foley, Milo, their 2013 first rounder Watman, etc.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Riders are going to lose 3 Non-Imports and probably 2 of them will be starters

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how the teams choose who they protect and who Ottawa picks.

Should make for a fun 2014 season as well.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Argos with the win, but at the cost of Ray and Kackert injured. Neither injury looked too serious, at least.

Ray shook off what looked like a nasty knee injury like it was no big deal. That guy has ice water running through his veins.

The score in that game really flattered the Bombers... other than a couple momentary flashes of competence early in the game, they were never seriously giving the Argos any real competition. Some individual Bombers looked good (Henoc Muamba is legit, to name one player) but others were just god-awful. Watching Jovon Johnson get torched over and over again makes you wonder how this can be the same guy who was defensive MOP only two seasons ago.

I think Argo fans can breathe a little easier after that game even taking into account the injuries. As for the Bombers, the full-scale panic mode begins now.

Attended the game last night.

All I can say is IGF is a jewel. So glad the CFL is getting a move on with stadiums. Hamilton/Ottawa next year, Regina in two. Hopefully Calgary can figure their crap out soon. People are giving McMahon 10 years, if renovations aren't done. Now onto the actual crapfest itself, failure to get pressure on Ray early pretty much did the Bombers in, he was surgical until he got hurt. Pierce may have been taken out due to injury, but it's obvious he's just not getting the job done. You can see once Goltz came in, they allowed him to be more adventurous with the football I guess. I think if he's the guy, he might as well be the one to save the sinking ship, if not then in reality the Bombers might win only 4 games all year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Last night, I was channel surfin and came across the CFL on ESPN2. It was a game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Montreal Alouettes in which Montreal blew a 24-0 lead and Calgary was up 35-27. Did that game really happen last night or was it prerecorded from earlier in the year? Just wondering since no one has mentioned it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Last night, I was channel surfin and came across the CFL on ESPN2. It was a game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Montreal Alouettes in which Montreal blew a 24-0 lead and Calgary was up 35-27. Did that game really happen last night or was it prerecorded from earlier in the year? Just wondering since no one has mentioned it.

Yeah, that was live last night. I picked Calgary to win that thinking that Montreal was just going to have that kind of a season, and I was shocked when the Als jumped out to that huge lead. But wow, Calgary mounted a comeback for the ages and with backup QB Kevin Glenn, Mister Hot and Cold himself, responsible for most of that before the the #3 guy came in.

I would suspect that the full-scale panic mode must be on now for the Alouettes. This looks like the first also-ran team in Montreal since they got their team back in 1996. I guess Marc Trestman's success as a rookie CFL coach is not that easy to duplicate after all...

Yeah, that was live last night. I picked Calgary to win that thinking that Montreal was just going to have that kind of a season, and I was shocked when the Als jumped out to that huge lead.

ok just seemed weird. That was the second game on there within the past few weeks. The other was Winnipeg against the Als.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Riders throttle the Ticats hard tonight, 37-0. As a Bomber fan I find this very alarming considering how ineffective they looked while losing to Hamilton last week. The LDC & Banjo Bowls could be even more painful experiences than they have been for the past few years... I have little cause for optimism right now.

As for the Riders, they look more dominant than they have since the 12-6 season of 2008.

Perhaps

Riders are scary good.

Could be three years in a row for hosting cities and their teams in the Grey Cup.

Perhaps. I feel like with Montreal having an off-year so far, though, that Toronto will be there to meet them this year.

The first team in the East would be fourth in the West. Is it a strength of schedule thing or are the Eastern teams falling all over each other?

The opposite of this statement is applicable to the NL West and AL East. I thought you placed this in the wrong thread until I re-read it.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Right now Rider Nation is buzzing... This is quite possibly the best team that has wore the Green and White since I was born. They look possessed on defense and offense. Plus they have that killer instinct that was missing in the 09 and 2010 Grey Cups when they had the lead and faded. I really hope this team stays healthy because other than the Lions, who they havent played yet, I really dont know who can hold a candle to this team.

Some quick numbers... Outscored their opponents 151 to 67, average scores over 4 games 37.75 to 16.75... In 4 games their have been 4 different leading receivers... Sheets first Rider to have 4 straight 100 yard rushing games to start a season EVER... Team record for 100 yard rushing games is 9 by George Reed and Sheets is looking to pass that... Sheets is averaging 143 yards/game and is on pace to shatter the season rush record by 500 yards

www.pifflespodcast.com

The first team in the East would be fourth in the West.

Perhaps, but that's not how the playoffs work in the CFL. The East winner meets the West winner, IIRC, so the only way two West teams meet in the Grey Cup is if a 4-seed from the West not only crosses over, but wins an East semi-final and East final. Not likely, IMHO.

If standings were based on a league-wide table, though, I could sort of agree that the West looks, overall, stronger than the East after the first 4 weeks. But again, that's just the first 4 weeks.

Fire Joe Mack.

I have really wanted to resist the urge to jump on this bandwagon but I have run out of options. For three years nothing has changed... it's the same old crew failing to get results every time. But for a fluke Grey Cup appearance in 2011, Mack would have been long since canned. Time to bounce him out of town... he's the one who should have been axed last year, not LaPo.

Fire Joe Mack.

I have really wanted to resist the urge to jump on this bandwagon but I have run out of options. For three years nothing has changed... it's the same old crew failing to get results every time. But for a fluke Grey Cup appearance in 2011, Mack would have been long since canned. Time to bounce him out of town... he's the one who should have been axed last year, not LaPo.

As much as I enjoy the Bombers being horrible... I approve this message...

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived