Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

The first team in the East would be fourth in the West.

Perhaps, but that's not how the playoffs work in the CFL. The East winner meets the West winner, IIRC, so the only way two West teams meet in the Grey Cup is if a 4-seed from the West not only crosses over, but wins an East semi-final and East final. Not likely, IMHO.

If standings were based on a league-wide table, though, I could sort of agree that the West looks, overall, stronger than the East after the first 4 weeks. But again, that's just the first 4 weeks.

I know that's not how it works. I was just pointing out where the standings are currently.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figure if they lose this Friday. Mack will be gone, the fan base can't take this crap anymore. It's a bloody disgrace that the Bombers have been this bad, for this long. Five decent seasons, out of 23 are horrible odds. Also having 26 starting QBs between Tom Burgess and Buck Pierce is also a horrible number, things need to change. First off need a Quarterback, we've really only had 3 good players at the position since 1990.

Mack has shown he can't replicate his past success, and he always over looks possible help, by going with the group he has. News flash, they really suck.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So anyone who watched this weekend's games knows that embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford was in the crowd for the Toronto @ Winnipeg and Hamilton @ Saskatchewan matchups. His brother, Councillor Doug Ford explained that this was part of Rob Ford's annual summer football-watching tour.

What really caught my eye was this comment:

Asked about the mayor’s affinity for Western Canada — he visited Calgary and Edmonton during a “working vacation” last August — Councillor Ford responded: “I don’t know what it is.

“He loves it out there, he absolutely loves it out there. Maybe they’re offering him a general manager’s job for the Roughriders or the Blue Bombers.”

I know (hope?) Doug Ford has his tongue planted firmly in cheek, but could you imagine? Let your mind wander to a Blue Bomber press conference where Garth Buchko announces that Joe Mack has been fired and will be replaced by this guy:

robford.jpg?w=620

The funny thing is that given the Bomber record over the past few seasons he might actually qualify as an upgrade over Mack... as people in Toronto know, Rob Ford was a high school football coach for years until he was relieved of his duties after that whole being caught smoking crack thing.

I say let him go to the CFL. I think he would do a much better job (or at least, a lot less damage) coaching a CFL team than he is doing at Nathan Phillips Square.

He actually might know something about making tough decisions, some for the better. He's an idiot, but the Bombers also had Pacman Jones almost, so there..

So anyone who watched this weekend's games knows that embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford was in the crowd for the Toronto @ Winnipeg and Hamilton @ Saskatchewan matchups. His brother, Councillor Doug Ford explained that this was part of Rob Ford's annual summer football-watching tour.

What really caught my eye was this comment:

Asked about the mayor’s affinity for Western Canada — he visited Calgary and Edmonton during a “working vacation” last August — Councillor Ford responded: “I don’t know what it is.

“He loves it out there, he absolutely loves it out there. Maybe they’re offering him a general manager’s job for the Roughriders or the Blue Bombers.”

I know (hope?) Doug Ford has his tongue planted firmly in cheek, but could you imagine? Let your mind wander to a Blue Bomber press conference where Garth Buchko announces that Joe Mack has been fired and will be replaced by this guy:

robford.jpg?w=620

The funny thing is that given the Bomber record over the past few seasons he might actually qualify as an upgrade over Mack... as people in Toronto know, Rob Ford was a high school football coach for years until he was relieved of his duties after that whole being caught smoking crack thing.

He wants to do "everything in his power" to get the Argos a new home like the Bombers, so that's a plus. Mind you, that guarantees nothing, but at least the desire is there.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Le bump.

Argos beat Lions, 38-12.

Collaros and Steele both did surprisingly well. Hopefully the REDBLACKS weren't watching too closely!

The RedBlacks ARE watching all the teams and happy there is a surge in new talent--I predict they will try to get a veteran QB (Even if he's nto their starter) and a young QB--

One game doesn't guarantee Mitchell or Collaros will be stars--but it's a great start.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Jim Popp again comes down and will assume coaching duties. Calvillo will probably much more comfortable, even though I really think it's Mike Miller's fault in Montreal. With Doug Berry there though, I wonder why he wasn't asked..... oh wait, he's crazy.

Ottawa is this year right?

next year--still 8 teams for 2013--and if all goes well--9 in 2014.

Isn't 9 a bad number for a playoff format there should at least be one more, but where in Canada is a good place?

npo_logo.png

Atlantic Canada seems next, Moncton's cool but isn't the biggest of cities, Halifax if they can get a stadium. I like Quebec City though, huge following at Laval and Quebec is a football hotbed.

Atlantic Canada seems next, Moncton's cool but isn't the biggest of cities, Halifax if they can get a stadium. I like Quebec City though, huge following at Laval and Quebec is a football hotbed.

The Als have territorial rights to the whole province, so that's kind of a big impediment in putting a team there. I read a few weeks ago that Cohon is "getting serious" about putting a team in the Maritimes and that Halufax is the preferred destination for a stadium (IIRC the mayor wants a stadium).

Archived