Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we've hit the doldrums of the CFL season.

Why? Because the BC-Wpg game's winner had less perceived importance than fans hold for the concept of 2 points for a win-1 for a tie. Tough to explain; in other words, "playoff structure > the regular season structure." This game will only appear in the doldrums of history and statistical research.

Saskatchewan won the league after the 10th game of the season on July 12th. CFL FANS: We've lived through four weeks of meaningless games!

That is to say, which no-name CFL rookie got injured in tonight's game?

Next week's (Week 7), arbitrarily scheduled, games of interest:

Calgary v Saskatchewan

Toronto v Montreal

Why must CFL fans sit through a season of increasing and decreasing levels of meaningfulness? It ruins our sense of time and excitement throughout the season.

And we've hit the doldrums of the CFL season.

Why? Because the BC-Wpg game's winner had less perceived importance than fans hold for the concept of 2 points for a win-1 for a tie. Tough to explain; in other words, "playoff structure > the regular season structure." This game will only appear in the doldrums of history and statistical research.

Saskatchewan won the league after the 10th game of the season on July 12th. CFL FANS: We've lived through four weeks of meaningless games!

That is to say, which no-name CFL rookie got injured in tonight's game?

Next week's (Week 7), arbitrarily scheduled, games of interest:

Calgary v Saskatchewan

Toronto v Montreal

Why must CFL fans sit through a season of increasing and decreasing levels of meaningfulness? It ruins our sense of time and excitement throughout the season.

I don't think they banned your last account Max.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How awful would we feel if "Vancouver" LOST to "the frozen :censored:hole" tonight? The world would make LESS sense.

Tonight, how many concussions were absorbed by players making $35,000?

How long before the CFL-NFL merger? The only relevant CFL question, honestly.

When your league is in the doldrums, your thoughts come from the doldrums.

The CFL is hardly in the doldrums. All the teams have owners (unlike the NHL until just a few days ago), and we just celebrated the 100th Grey Cup last November. The CFL is not going away.

So I know it's pretty rare to fire a GM midseason, especially in Football. Something needs to happen though, I just see Mack firing Burke, and promoting Creehan or Crowton. What good can ever come of that?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So I know it's pretty rare to fire a GM midseason, especially in Football. Something needs to happen though, I just see Mack firing Burke, and promoting Creehan or Crowton. What good can ever come of that?

I dunno if they would allow Mack to fire another coach... Pretty sure both Mack and Burke are probably set in stone till the end of the season then its a full house cleaning... I think I said it last year and I will say it again... This thread every year devolves into a bomber fan support group... lol

How awful would we feel if "Vancouver" LOST to "the frozen :censored:hole" tonight? The world would make LESS sense.

Tonight, how many concussions were absorbed by players making $35,000?

and who invited this guy...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Is it safe to say Drew Tate is the new Buck Pierce?

Im no Buck Pierce fan but 1) Buck Pierce could play before he was made of glass and 2) Pierce still takes the big hits, much to his detriment...

www.pifflespodcast.com

The occurrence of doldrums is predictable before the season starts based solely on scheduling and playoff format.

This is the story: Week 6's innocuous results have impacted the influence of a game between two better teams in Week 7.

14-game balanced schedule is not ideal, but rather a compromise. A "playoff" format is ideal (each game matters).

I guess it must be new, because I was reading in the paper that Hufnagel was saying Tate would start.

Or maybe I just misread the quote.

He supposedly had a set back today at practice. Still might go Friday, but seriously. Bo Levi gives them the best chance at winning, and stopping that Green Train looks nearly impossible right now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I guess it must be new, because I was reading in the paper that Hufnagel was saying Tate would start.

Or maybe I just misread the quote.

He supposedly had a set back today at practice. Still might go Friday, but seriously. Bo Levi gives them the best chance at winning, and stopping that Green Train looks nearly impossible right now.
Another set back? I think I found Drew Tate's previous sporting career.

glassjoe060413.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

1) Dont insult Glass Joe like that...

2) Fellas I like the fact that everyone is saying this Riders team is humming along I really do but as a fan I have seen this team grasp defeat from the jaws of victory many times... and yes they are quite possibly the most complete Rider team I have ever seen... and that includes the 2007 Grey Cup winning team and the 2009 Should have been champs team... But I really want to see what happens if the wheels fall off in a game, what happens when they actually have to play from behind for more than a quarter, what happens if they lose a close one, or even get their doors blown off... The 2007 Patriots absolutely blew the doors off teams early in the year had a few tighter games late in the season (IE Ravens and Giants) but everyone thought they were untouchable then Eli Manning thought he was Roger Staubach and Tyree caught one on his head and the rest is history

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived