New Dallas Cowboys Uniform?

ToyFrisbee

You'd expect him to say something like "there's no way this is real" as opposed to...(reads UniWatch ticker listing)...oh, wait, that's a direct quote. I don't always agree with Lukas but don't rip the guy if you don't even bother to read what he wrote.

To use the entire quote "I got in touch with @Uniformswag, who told me, “The Cowboy picture was sent to me by a [Twitter] follower. I am not sure if it is legit — that’s why I posted it as a question, hoping someone would confirm if it is real or not. It looks real — normally it’s very easy to spot if someone has made a concept.” Agreed, but there’s no way this is real, nuh-uh.

I could have misinterpreted what he said, but to me it sounded like he agreed that it looked like a legitimate uniform, but couldn't believe that the Cowboys would move in that direction. Obviously, I could be wrong, but that's just how I interpreted it. And why would he ever post it if he didn't give it any credence? Just seems weird to me. But once again, I could be wrong.

Also, I'm so glad BC's Hockey East reign of terror ended this year, haha.

I think he was posting it just because it's out there. Even though it isn't real, people probably still want to see it and talk about it, as we're doing here.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he was posting it just because it's out there. Even though it isn't real, people probably still want to see it and talk about it, as we're doing here.

Bingo. Especially when it came from a source that PL identified by saying "whose tweets have proven to be very reliable and accurate in recent months"

BCBannersSig.png

You'd expect him to say something like "there's no way this is real" as opposed to...(reads UniWatch ticker listing)...oh, wait, that's a direct quote. I don't always agree with Lukas but don't rip the guy if you don't even bother to read what he wrote.

To use the entire quote "I got in touch with @Uniformswag, who told me, “The Cowboy picture was sent to me by a [Twitter] follower. I am not sure if it is legit — that’s why I posted it as a question, hoping someone would confirm if it is real or not. It looks real — normally it’s very easy to spot if someone has made a concept.” Agreed, but there’s no way this is real, nuh-uh.

I could have misinterpreted what he said, but to me it sounded like he agreed that it looked like a legitimate uniform, but couldn't believe that the Cowboys would move in that direction. Obviously, I could be wrong, but that's just how I interpreted it. And why would he ever post it if he didn't give it any credence? Just seems weird to me. But once again, I could be wrong.

Also, I'm so glad BC's Hockey East reign of terror ended this year, haha.

This, and not to mention that it was buried deep within the ticker, so I doubt that even 5 people who weren't looking for it (like us) even saw it. We don't need to be that nitpicky here; this isn't Concepts. :)

Entirely possible. Like I said, I could easily be wrong, and if I am (I'm only not saying I'm definitely wrong in case, by a small chance, I am actually right, haha) I wish that he had posted that it was clearly a fake in a more obvious way. Because if I misinterpreted what he meant, I'm sure a bunch of other people could too. I'm basically criticizing him for poor writing now. And I'm being nitpicky because the guy works for ESPN; he should be held to the highest of standards when it comes to writing.

See? THIS is how to have a discussion based on a disagreement without it blowing up into a huge flame war. And it included sarcasm too!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

...the guy works for ESPN; he should be held to the highest of standards...

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless thank you for recognizing their hard work in elevating the integrity level at ESPN.

The problem isn't so much Paul posting it, but when someone comes on here and says, "I saw this on UniWatch." No offense to OP, but taking it out of UW context seems to be more common lately, and it always comes with the suggestion of some sort of legitimacy when brought here. I stopped reading UW long ago because there just isn't enough real news or analysis among the filler and hobby stuff. Maybe it's changed, but I'd always check here first for actual news.

I saw this on Twitter, then I saw it on Uni Watch. (Boy, I hope to hell it's not legit.)

http://t.co/EWJd3Faa3D

BGJlByPCAAAGA77.jpg

First post on the boards here. I've been a visitor of this site for a couple years now, and I've never really had a reason to post until now.

Take this as a grain of salt, but I've heard that teams have already submitted a request to change uniforms for the 2014 season. The Browns (which we've all already heard by now), the Eagles, the Cowboys, and one unnamed team are getting new duds next year

...The changes coming to these teams is going to be dramatic. I can't get into a whole lot, but I can tell you a few things:

...The Cowboys though, this is the one I feel people are either going to love or hate. I will tell you right now, the main colors will be Royal Blue and Chrome. I'm not just talking about chrome helmets either (yes, chrome helmets will be featured) but Nike and HGI are also trying to figure out a way to incorporate chrome into fabric...

So I have a couple tidbits. Every once in a while, before pitching a design to the NFL, the team doing the designing will make up a mock photoshop and post them on fan forums. These photoshops are hilariously unprofessional so no one will ever suspect they are in a test group, but color and design are true to the concept being tested, if you will. Well, in the past twenty four hours, the first of many of these public pollings took place somewhere out there on the internet. I got a text this morning stating "Well, that was a disaster. Back to the drawing board!"

Point is, somewhere out there the first concept images are on the net, and they weren't received well. I don't know what site/forum they're on, but I do know it's not this one because the tests are made to poll the specific fanbase.

Happy hunting!

It's happening...It's really :censored: happening.

Bad but not horrible. A few tweaks can be made, though:

-Get rid of the subtle star motif. Too distracting.

-Bring back the stripes to the helmet, but make them silver-white-silver, and give the helmet a super glossy chrome finish.

-Get rid of the shoulder stars - put them off to the side of the arms. Keep the TV numbers on the shoulders.

-Move the Nike logo to the shoulders as well.

-Add a big blue star to the where the current Nike logo is, with a "'60" or "Est. 1960" either in the center of it or incorporated elsewhere into the logo.

-Add white pants with that same blue stripe on the shoulders down the side for the home pants. Alt pants can switch the colors. No logo on the pants, nothing else.

galaxy.png

So if there's any substance to this NFC Pro-Bowl Dallas Cowboys concept uniform, are they just not having TV numbers?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

-Bring back the stripes to the helmet, but make them silver-white-silver, and give the helmet a super glossy chrome finish.

-Get rid of the shoulder stars - put them off to the side of the arms. Keep the TV numbers on the shoulders.

-Add a big blue star to the where the current Nike logo is, with a "'60" or "Est. 1960" either in the center of it or incorporated elsewhere into the logo.

-Add white pants with that same blue stripe on the shoulders down the side for the home pants. Alt pants can switch the colors. No logo on the pants, nothing else.

What I struck out was unnecessary.

The first, because, well that would happen anyway.

The second just shouldn't happen. Stars on Cowboy uniforms should be reserved to the helmet and sleeves/shoulders. I would say the 50th anniversary patch would be the exception.....

alg-wade-jpg.jpg

but good God, that just brings back bad memories.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

It seems like you really just created your own concept for a Cowboys uni (as opposed to tweaking this one), but I like your idea. You should draft a concept.

It seems like you really just created your own concept for a Cowboys uni (as opposed to tweaking this one), but I like your idea. You should draft a concept.

Well, several of those things have already been done on this forum several times before, though.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

In other news, I hate that people instantly believe something is real because it is posted on the internet...

http://youtu.be/rmx4twCK3_I

Anyone ever notice how ridiculously long the fingers are of the guy who comes to pick up his date? Also, that girl looks kinda like Jamie Pressly.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It doesn't look terrible to me. Maybe a bit too much like seattle's, with that one navy blue part in front of the shoulders (where Seattle's say Seahawks). But overall not bad.

I just can't see Dallas going away from their current helmet tho. Especially not that drastic of a change. Chrome helmets maybe.

90758391980.gif

Archived